Author Topic: Head gasket sealant need a quick response  (Read 7247 times)

Offline weymouth399

Re: Head gasket sealant need a quick response
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:11 AM »
Yeah,I had the privalige of growing up riding with JoJo...we lived 5miles away from each other here in Plymouth,MA for almost 25 years.The first REAL bike I bought was his 1985 Pro Circuit CR250...I was 14yo then.He's been living in New Hampshire the last 7-8months at a kids house that he's training.He spends alot of time at Jolly Rogers in Lempster,NH.
It's amazing watching him ride at 49yo,and 300lbs....and STILL spank the s%#t outa most of the NESC guys!!!

JoJo is quite a rider, soooo much natural ablity it's unreal. That's why at 300 pounds he could and would still spank alot of riders today. I got to race with him in the NESC vet classes  I could always tell when he was going to lap me. If he liked you it was buddy, buddy, buddy, if he didn't like you it was use you as a berm time. That's being power slammed by 500 plus pounds. (the gross weight and tonage rule applies here)  Ah the memories of racing dirt bikes. And Paul Buckley is FIRST class too.

Oh Ya I use only oem gaskets and dry, unless I'm trying to mask a problem with machining or in a pinch that I have to reuse a gasket. (not in 15 plus years have I done that though)

Bob W
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:11:27 AM by weymouth399 »
93 KX500 ice bike for sale
00 KX 500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt
04 Kx 500 ice bike
08 KLX 450 on/off
72CT90x2 for sale
76LB80Chappy
86FJ1200
89FJ1200

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »
You Southwick guys remember a fellow Leo Fauteaux (Think thats the spelling)?
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Motorrad

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 10:33:52 AM »
Comedic steel gaskets only for me

ALWAYS sprayed with permatex COPPer spray a gasket..    If not to improve seal..  It improves heat transfer...

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »
You Southwick guys remember a fellow Leo Fauteaux (Think thats the spelling)?

The name Leo sounds familiar,not sure about last name.
Does anyone here remember Capeway Rovers in Middleboro,MA?....in the fall season of 1983 JoJo's CR250 snapped a chain during his moto.So instead of pushing his bike back to the van,he squated down and scooped that thing up,got it on his SHOULDER,and walked it back to the van!.This was no short walk,it was roughly a hundred yard walk.He got back to the van,dropped the bike on the stand,borrowed a chain,threw it on,and went right back out 15 minutes after for his next moto,and won,never sitting and taking a break!.In my 32 years of going to the races,I have NEVER seen or heard of anyone doing anything remotely close to this.There's gotta be someone on here that wittnessed that also,or at least heard of it.

If I knew I had a problem that I was gonna have to "mask"...I would'nt even put it back together.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Yeah,I had the privalige of growing up riding with JoJo...we lived 5miles away from each other here in Plymouth,MA for almost 25 years.The first REAL bike I bought was his 1985 Pro Circuit CR250...I was 14yo then.He's been living in New Hampshire the last 7-8months at a kids house that he's training.He spends alot of time at Jolly Rogers in Lempster,NH.
It's amazing watching him ride at 49yo,and 300lbs....and STILL spank the s%#t outa most of the NESC guys!!!

JoJo is quite a rider, soooo much natural ablity it's unreal. That's why at 300 pounds he could and would still spank alot of riders today. I got to race with him in the NESC vet classes  I could always tell when he was going to lap me. If he liked you it was buddy, buddy, buddy, if he didn't like you it was use you as a berm time. That's being power slammed by 500 plus pounds. (the gross weight and tonage rule applies here)  Ah the memories of racing dirt bikes. And Paul Buckley is FIRST class too.

Oh Ya I use only oem gaskets and dry, unless I'm trying to mask a problem with machining or in a pinch that I have to reuse a gasket. (not in 15 plus years have I done that though)

Bob W

When I was coming up through the NECC novice ranks  JoJo, Doug Henry, Tim Meenhan,  Pat Barton, alll those guys were top NE 125 pros's, and watching those guys duke it out at Southwick was truly amazing !! wish I had a FRACTION of their speed and balance on a dirt bike...
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:23 PM »
Ahh yes,Pat Barton...he knew how to make his RM125 sing!!.Keith Johnson was another one that lived very close by too that I rode with periodicly,but he did'nt have the "free spirited" attitude/personality that JoJo had,he came from a wealthy family and chose to surround himself with the same.For the guys that are'nt aware,JoJo aquired alot of his skills by doing alot of Trials in his younger days,and he could/can ride a unicycle like he was born on one.And then there's his good friend Kevin Hines who lives the next town over from me that would go riding with him all the time in the extremely tight woods in Myles Standish State Forrest.

With all the little things he taught me over the years...like Polar-Bus said...I wish I had a fraction of the speed he's had!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline awak100

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
copper cote,  use it on every gasket.  sprays on like paint comes off easy for next rebuilt.  great for sealing water jackets on head gaskets