Author Topic: kick starter  (Read 6969 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
Re: kick starter
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »
yep.K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 07:21:04 AM »
i assume you guys in the states have lazer cutting?? i have some 20mm ali sheet at work i was thinking of getting a blank cut out and fabing from there as my 250s not far off snapping at some point ...might be worth a shot??

Offline jonny500

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 08:56:36 AM »
i assume you guys in the states have lazer cutting?? i have some 20mm ali sheet at work i was thinking of getting a blank cut out and fabing from there as my 250s not far off snapping at some point ...might be worth a shot??

i think the oem k start is forged or cast with some kind of heat treatment. im not sure if the sheet ali would be strong enough for the k5. from what i can see the problem with the stock kicker is the stop wears at the point ware it touches the the steel part at the bottom. this causes the k start to over extend, concentrating  the load on small area of the ring part causing it to snap. if i was going to make a kicker i would have a changable part the that could be swaped when it is worn. hope that makes sense

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »
Has anyone snapped a new updated kicker yet???....I'm sure eventually it will happen,just wondering if anyone has yet.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline littlewing78

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
I ordered a new one tonight.  The homemade one will probably travel with me though just in case.

Offline weymouth399

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »
I ordered a new one tonight.  The homemade one will probably travel with me though just in case.

If you carry it with you. It will insure that you will never need it again. :-D

Bob W
93 KX500 ice bike for sale
00 KX 500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt
04 Kx 500 ice bike
08 KLX 450 on/off
72CT90x2 for sale
76LB80Chappy
86FJ1200
89FJ1200

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 06:35:10 AM »

i think the oem k start is forged or cast with some kind of heat treatment. im not sure if the sheet ali would be strong enough for the k5. from what i can see the problem with the stock kicker is the stop wears at the point ware it touches the the steel part at the bottom. this causes the k start to over extend, concentrating  the load on small area of the ring part causing it to snap. if i was going to make a kicker i would have a changable part the that could be swaped when it is worn. hope that makes sense
yeah they always break at the same point , the ali is actualy 25mm thick should be like billet material it should be stronger than the stock as the stocks cast,not sure if the standard kicker is annealed or not.the ali we use is a different type not standard 1050 grade so alot stronger