Author Topic: Kenda Millville  (Read 4972 times)

Offline DeadRinger

Kenda Millville
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:47:14 AM »
They say there are two compounds. Regular and sticky? Who runs what and how do you know the deliverance? Same deal for the front to? Anybody want to look at there tire and check this out? Thanks. -DR
 http://www.kendausa.com/en/home/motorcycle/mx/millville.aspx
This box should be one line.

Offline RoostDaddy

Re: Kenda Millville
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
I've run the Carlsbad Sticky on the rear.  Works well on hard terrain.  The sticky is a race compound that gives more traction than the regular, but also wears faster. 
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
I run the regular Millville's front and rear,and I gotta say they hook up awesome.I run them in the "Soft" direction,alot of sand and loam here in south eastern Massachusetts.Definately the best tires i've run!

Foxx
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:59:48 PM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline DeadRinger

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
Soft direction? Spin it one way its soft spin it the other way its hard? No that cant be I'm missing something. :mrgreen:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
DeadRinger,

not sure if you're just being sarcastic,but yes you can turn them around for different applications....the actual compound is'nt different when you turn them around,just the purpose of the tread design.I've never tried them in the "Intermediate" direction to see how they work....but they HOOK-UP bigtime in the soft direction,and there's several guys on here that agree.The soft direction has a similar design/purpose as the old Pirelli Laguna Cross,which in my opinion was THE BEST tire for Southwick.It has a hook design that just works awesome in soft terrain and sand.
I can take a picture of the sidewall if you'd like,so you can see the arrows pointing for "Soft" or "Intermediate".I will say though,if you've never tried them,you should give them a shot,providing you ride in softer terrain areas,it just comes down to personal preference,some guys like the Maxxis IT's cause they last along time,I personally don't think they hook-up anywhere near as good as the Millville in corners when track riding...but again,everyone has their own opinion.Another thing to consider is,what type of riding do you do?.If you're riding on soft tracks only like me,I choose the Millville for traction,but if you're doing fire road/trail riding,you may want to go with the Maxxis for a long lasting tire. 
Do a search in here on certain tires you have an interest in,and see what the guys are saying about them,then weigh your options.
Foxx
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:05:32 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 12:22:21 AM »
They say there are two compounds. Regular and sticky? Who runs what and how do you know the deliverance? Same deal for the front to? Anybody want to look at there tire and check this out? Thanks. -DR
 http://www.kendausa.com/en/home/motorcycle/mx/millville.aspx

I just removed a rear Milliville from my YZ450F, piss poor traction mid to soft terrain. Probably a bad choice on my part, but i'll never buy another one. Should have stuck with my much loved, tried and true Maxxis IT !!
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
i use millville sticky on my rear end.. it hooks up well.
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline DeadRinger

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 08:06:30 AM »
That clears it up I didn't think it was a multi compound tire but you never know nowadays. :-D

Offline awak100

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
Kenda Washigal biggest knobs     big bike big tire