Author Topic: does any one know  (Read 1516 times)

Offline russ

• my 1989 k5
does any one know
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:47:06 AM »
hey hows it goin guys i have a 1989 kx 500 and i am redoin the clutch, i am lookin at ordering  two dif baskets , one is a prox basket and the other is a mitaka , wich one should i order the mitaka is cheaper not by much, the mitaka also needs no rivits to put the gear and back plate on it comes with screws as the prox needs to be rivited to the gear and back plate, if any one has bought either please tell me how they worked out for you,i am leanin towards the mitaka but want some more input thanks braap!
bikes

1989 kx500

Offline jonny500

Re: does any one know
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 06:24:31 AM »
i bought a mitaka, gave it hell for around 3 hours to the point wear my engine blew and bent the conrod. i then rebuilt the motor and put it in a 02 kx250 chassis, i have around 2-3 hour on this still withe same basket. so far so good and dead easy to fit

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
Re: does any one know
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
mitaka basket is forged, pro x isn't, I believe.mitaka also has lighteneing in the tangs, like the reverse of a flywheel weight in concept.K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....