Author Topic: 90 Kx500 f/s  (Read 7853 times)

Motorrad

Re: 90 Kx500 f/s
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »

How cool is that...  Thanks Danger for keeping the doors open and Mo-Rad for stepping up, and Ice for coming back!
         This is what being apart of something bigger than yourself is all about.
           Are you guys available to help Re-Build America?  :-D

Wait..... I did what now??     :wink:     Just happy to keep another 500 owner smoking down the trail...

As for rebuilding america...   

EDIT:..   Sorry... as usual... when somone gets me on politics...   it gets Ugly... so I removed my comments..  :-o
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:43:34 PM by Motorrad »

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »
haha i saw the comments before you edited and it made me laugh  :lol: :lol:
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline IcemanK5

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 02:47:05 AM »

How cool is that...  Thanks Danger for keeping the doors open and Mo-Rad for stepping up, and Ice for coming back!
         This is what being apart of something bigger than yourself is all about.
           Are you guys available to help Re-Build America?  :-D

Wait..... I did what now??     :wink:     Just happy to keep another 500 owner smoking down the trail...

As for rebuilding america...   

EDIT:..   Sorry... as usual... when somone gets me on politics...   it gets Ugly... so I removed my comments..  :-o

Dave, I guess it worked out for you as well as myself. I saw your post about wanting a junk head to play with.....looks like things fell together for both of us.

Dave offered a Clyn he had just sitting on the shielf for for a deal like this (trade). He offered to trade a clyn for mine. I accepted of course.
He also offered to get it honed to size and is checking on a price for a piston assem. threw a friend of his. This is a great help to me. It helps on the price of things and I have someone that knows the KX.
We have talked on the phone and Dave knows what kind of riding I do and what kind of power band I need.

At this point the clyn is headed his way and he is working on getting everything set up for the rebuild on the top end.

So I owe a big thanks to Dave for steping up and getting ahold of me. Also for all the work he is putting in.

I have done the same for folks myself, it's nice to know that when you need the "pay forward help" that someone will do the same when you need it.!

As far as Politic's, I'm the same way....you don't want to get me started!

Again thanks Dave, Kurt     
The Nature of Man:
We spend 9 months trying to get out and the rest of our lives trying to get back in as many times as we can!

Ca. is like a chicken:
Put a fox in the hen house and you will have chicken dinner every time.

Motorrad

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »
Got the box today...

CYL is pretty bad...   will have to go out to 90mm to get to un eaten material... no biggie.... just a excuse for me to go to 90mm  :evil:

Head (Cap/button in your terms)... I wouldnt have run it...  still had pieces stuck in it... and would have pinged like crazy..   besides that its a stock uncut head...    which is good... as I can cut on it...

Going to cut the head specific to 88mm Bore.....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:46:24 PM by Motorrad »

Motorrad

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
How it showed up to my door this afternoon..

How it looks tonight...

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »
  Good Work Mo, that looks outstanding 8-)
      Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline IcemanK5

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 12:49:02 AM »
That head looks prudy.....

As for the clyn. in my mind I did not think it ant good any more. When I took it to a couple of shops here in town they said it could be done. Now you see why it ended up in your hands.....I have a little more respect for your opion than there's.   
Thanks Dave.

Kurt
The Nature of Man:
We spend 9 months trying to get out and the rest of our lives trying to get back in as many times as we can!

Ca. is like a chicken:

Motorrad

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
That head looks prudy.....

As for the clyn. in my mind I did not think it ant good any more. When I took it to a couple of shops here in town they said it could be done. Now you see why it ended up in your hands.....I have a little more respect for your opion than there's.   
Thanks Dave.

Kurt

It looks better in person..   The squish band is also shiney... for some reason... trying to take a picture of it in the garage without a tripod, after a few beers didnt work out...

But ..

Squish recut for a 88mm bore..  4Deg into 15Deg into Bowl...   Bowl opened up  to make it 40CC total head volume.   .015" Step.  for what should end up a .045" squish...

Should have a nice bottom end for ya idleing aroudn those trails   :evil: :evil: :evil:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:53:51 AM by Motorrad »

Motorrad

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »
Havnt dropped the Jug off for bore work yet...

Waiting on alex to get me the bore spec wiseco wants for the 88mm piston..    Ideal would be to have the piston, and have the bore fitted to it (.004" clearance)   

It should be bore spec of 88mm.. and wiseco undersizes their piston to work... But want to be 100% sure before I drop off Jug..

anyone else know for sure?

The joys of every single piston mnf just having to be differant..

Offline IcemanK5

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 07:53:21 AM »
Not a problem Dave, It's in good hands ......

Kurt
The Nature of Man:

Ca. is like a chicken:

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »

Waiting on alex to get me the bore spec wiseco wants for the 88mm piston..    Ideal would be to have the piston, and have the bore fitted to it (.004" clearance)   

It should be bore spec of 88mm.. and wiseco undersizes their piston to work... But want to be 100% sure before I drop off Jug..

Kudos to you for going well beyond niceness to help a fellow KXR member in need !! 
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline IcemanK5

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 07:27:55 AM »

Kudos to you for going well beyond niceness to help a fellow KXR member in need !! 

Yeah, he really is going the extra mile. I'm going to have to make sure I get him tightened up on the other end. I'm someone that can't let a person do this much work for free. I like being on the giving end, not the recieving. But his help is very much welcomed with my low funds.

Kurt
The Nature of Man:

Ca. is like a chicken:

Motorrad

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »

Yeah, he really is going the extra mile. I'm going to have to make sure I get him tightened up on the other end. I'm someone that can't let a person do this much work for free. I like being on the giving end, not the recieving. But his help is very much welcomed with my low funds.

Kurt

Alex just confirmed with me that wiseco does want a True 88mm bore... Thank you alex..  I will send Kurt your way for a piston and gaskets.. (alex is a dealer ya know)...  :wink:

Got a phone call monday that my Norton 810 Dunstall Barrel is done being machined (Bored)  So Im going to go pick that up tomarrow... and at the same time drop off this Kx jug to get Reemed out to 88mm...  :-D   After I toss it in the hot tank at work all day of course

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 05:20:16 AM »
Very nice work Motorrad! I'll have to keep you in mind for the next re-build.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline IcemanK5

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 02:53:23 AM »
Keep in mind that I had this work done about a year ago threw another member.
When Dave got my clynder and head assem. he took a look at it and told me what he found.
I head was stock and the piston was windowed. There was supposed to be some porting and polishing done and some new parts that I paid for (650.00).
After I talked to Dave I was very disapointed in what He had to say about the work that was done before.
But we live and learn.!

Now with talkng with Dave and what he is doing for me I'm sure there is going to be a bigger difference in the way it ran from before.
The bike ran good before on the fresh head and piston assem. but none of the work was done to it.
The work Dave is doing is not going to be massive, it's just going to be done right and some mild work.

So now I'm a little gitty just to see the difference between the before and after with the work done right..........time will tell.

Kurt
The Nature of Man:

Ca. is like a chicken: