Author Topic: vibration  (Read 3711 times)

Offline wpmarineltd

vibration
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
any one got any advise on vibration .. how to prevent it or stop it completely ?

Motorrad

Re: vibration
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
any one got any advise on vibration .. how to prevent it or stop it completely ?

Balance...   after balancing mine... it purrs like a kitten.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:45:26 AM »
Make sure every bolt is tight with loctite  :-D

I heard one the other day ,cant remeber who but, fill you're bars with silicone to dampen the felt vibes.

Motorrad is right though balancing the crank is best, lighten up that piston & pin while youre there , so theres less weight causing vibes
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:07:09 AM »
I lightened the piston and pin in order to balance mine..  Sure beat adding weight to crank..

Also..   Pipe mounts need to be in good order.    Pipe needs fresh orings, and copper crush..  If jug is worn..  Some copper rtv also..   You wouldn't believe the vibes that can come off a poor mounted spanny

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 01:56:29 AM »
I lightened the piston and pin in order to balance mine..  Sure beat adding weight to crank..

Also..   Pipe mounts need to be in good order.    Pipe needs fresh orings, and copper crush..  If jug is worn..  Some copper rtv also..   You wouldn't believe the vibes that can come off a poor mounted spanny
X2. a properly fitted pipe makes a drastic improvement, but a well balanced crank is the best bet.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline wpmarineltd

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
to be honest with you ... to a certain extent they are going to vibrate anyway aren't they ?? will they ever be as subtle as say a kx250 ?

thanks for you hep guys .. after writing the topic i realised there had been plenty of these topics before i do apologise