Author Topic: The Good Oil !  (Read 3861 times)

MarkNZ

The Good Oil !
« on: March 05, 2003, 05:02:39 PM »
I'm Due to Change the Trans Oil on my 97. I've had the Bike since new and have used nothing but Motul 10/30, no Problems, Leakages, or Clutch Problems. I want to Keep it that way. I Keep to the Rule; Exactly 800ml per change which is about 1/2 way up the Window when sitting Level. And I Change it about every mmmm 3-4 Hrs. I 'm stuck down here in Southern New Zealand, End of Summer and its pretty Warm Most Days.(Paradise)

Is there a Better Oil ?? My 5 Honey runs Sweet as with STD Gearing as  the Terrain involves a Lot of Tricky Hill Work and not so much 'Desert ' Fast Open Work. I Only know of one other person who has a KX5 and last Time I spoke to him he was looking to downgrade to a 4-Stroker as he said it was 'Too Much Hard Work'   Pussy.

My Question is; Is There a Better Oil than I'm Using ?, I'd Like to Know. And if not I hope this message may be of Help to anyone Reading it. Mark

Rick

The Good Oil !
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 02:12:21 AM »
With the track record you have with your current oil, I'm not sure I would switch to anything else.  It seems to be providing good service, so why change?

For oil, I use BelRay, and have for some time.  Have never had a transmission failure, but I usually do not keep my bikes any longer than 2 years, so I would be surprised if I had any transmission issues in such a short time.

Rick

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
The Good Oil !
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 03:01:07 AM »
For me its Maxima MTL 85 Endurance. I have raced numerous desert races and enduros in Arizona , Nevada, and Utah and have never had a problem in any of my bikes. I feel if you've had steller service from your present oil, why change?

moburki

The Good Oil !
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 04:05:17 AM »
kx500, are you doing a race at cherry creek, utah this weekend? i'm thinking of accompaning some freinds who want to race. maybe i would see you. just curious. you know, face to a name.
mo

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
The Good Oil !
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 05:00:42 AM »
My reserve status has pretty much halted that. I'm confined to local riding and being ready at a moments notice as of Mar 3
Quote from: moburki
kx500, are you doing a race at cherry creek, utah this weekend? i'm thinking of accompaning some freinds who want to race. maybe i would see you. just curious. you know, face to a name.
mo

The Utah race that I run is in 251 Open B at Jericho, I never had the desire to move up to Open A - Destry would probly use me as traction material ;)