Author Topic: FMF Gnarly Rev Desert Pipe  (Read 4120 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
FMF Gnarly Rev Desert Pipe
« on: February 10, 2004, 05:22:02 PM »
Well, spring is coming! So, I decided to go ahead and get my kx ready to go for the spring/summer. So, I ordered all nessary parts to get her running again and rebuilt. I decided I wanted to try a new pipe, so I ordered a new FMF Desert Pipe. I'm curious if anybody has tried it and if it is any good?

Thanks

Gabe

mikesmith

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 08:34:07 PM »
I have a PC.What pipe were you running before?Let us know what you think of your old pipe compared to your new one.

teamgreen500

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 02:44:43 AM »
I run P.C. "MX" and FMF "Gnarly" Desert; However, my favorite FMF pipe is the "Fatty". I'm pretty sure one of the Gnarly-pipes is just a thick-walled "Fatty". Call FMF to find out.

Manny

rdcjohn

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 09:34:58 AM »
I plan on replacing the pro circuit pipe that came on my k5 with an FMF Gnarly pipe. Since my buddy works at FMF, I am already running the FMF bars, seat cover, grips, and spark arrestor and like to back companies that are good to me and I like to keep things uniform.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 10:08:28 AM »
I know that FMF made 2 Gnarly Pipes. The Gnarly (regular) is for low-end/mid and the Rev (Gnarly Desert) is for mid-high end power. I will let you guys know if it makes any diffrence.

Currently, I am running stock. As I did not think too much of the fatty because I lost some top-end, which I had it ported for. So, the stock has been the best... So far.

Thanks

Gabe

leewinsor

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 12:27:23 PM »
Would a FMF Powercore 2 Silencer work with a FMF Gnarly Desert pipe?
Lee Winsor

sdkx500

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 08:07:22 AM »
Whats the deal with this pipe? Anyone know what kind of changes/horsepower gains this pipe can give the 500??

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 08:18:48 AM »
The Gnarly Rev is the thick walled "Fatty" pipe ;)

Offline bigborefan

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 06:56:21 AM »
I have tried an FMF "Desert Pipe" and an FMF "Gnarly". The desert pipe in my opinoin makes the bike feel like a big 250, it runs throught he gears really fast. The Gnarly gives a mean low end/mid-range. For GNCC type events in the Midwest I like the Gnarly.
2006 KTM 300XC
1994 KX 500 x 2
1991 KX 500
1988 KX 250