Author Topic: Clarke Tank  (Read 2171 times)

Scouter

Clarke Tank
« on: June 26, 2004, 08:34:21 AM »
Bought a Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for the KX500 and went to put it on and the bolt holes for the petcock are too close together.  The petcock will not fit without drilling the holes in it larger.  I sent the tank back and Clarke and they looked at it and said all the tanks on the shelf and the mold was the same as mine.  Anyone else have a problem with these tanks?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Clarke Tank
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 09:13:12 AM »
Mine fit like a glove  :blink:  Make sure it was part # 1412

Offline demographic

Re: Clarke Tank
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 09:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Scouter
Bought a Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for the KX500 and went to put it on and the bolt holes for the petcock are too close together.  The petcock will not fit without drilling the holes in it larger.  I sent the tank back and Clarke and they looked at it and said all the tanks on the shelf and the mold was the same as mine.  Anyone else have a problem with these tanks?

Mine was the same tank and had the same problem, I just ran a slightly larger drill throught the two holes in the petcock mounting plate and fitted it, it doesn't leak at all and so far no problems with it.

The holes are supposed to have 34 mm centres but they cocked it up :(
As I live in England I didn't bother with phoning em up as the fix was simple enough