Author Topic: HELP w assembly  (Read 29742 times)

Offline 81cr450

HELP w assembly
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »
I gotta buncha parts & cant quite see how it goes together
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:36:48 AM by Danger4u2 »
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
OOOohhh....
    That will look nice when you get her all figured out!  8-)
   Tuck\o/

"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
Should be way fun. I'm antsy to have her done if I could just get the cylinder & cases back ...

This is a pic of the trial run, wanted to make sure I'd like it before I comitted alot of effort to it , sold it & started on this one . It does say kips on the side of the cylinder but I'd grafted a honda clutch cover on the other side to make people wonder

You can also see in the second pic how the kicker rubs the pipe, in the locked possition it was resting right on the pipe.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:50:49 AM by 81cr450 »

Offline livenlife699

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:14 AM »
Is that a cr500 CPI Dragg pipe in the first pic? if so that will look great on the bike

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
  Silly Rabbit...Tricks are for kids!  :-D
    Nothing wrong with that, Best of both worlds  8-)
        Tuck\o/

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
Hot glue guns work wonders.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:48:11 AM »
I was thinkin duck tape, then you get the awesome imitation chrome look too  :mrgreen:52

My pics really dont do the powder coat justice though, its a sparkly rainbow prizmatic metal flake that the light coming in through the window is hitting right now, this'll even look cooler than fake chrome in the sun

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
I'm trying to help someone here because once you go AF your prettywell bastardized & just as well use whats easiest. How does no cutting of the Y sound, if you like read on. My ideal conversion is "gen3 & CPI". but this second round is a gen 2 which you can make work while getting the stiffest frame & the good forks but the swinger is a bigger PITA. Heres some pics of swinger clearance on the gen 2. That radius sucks. Your so close to the seal surface its hard not to cut into it, tip leave the old seal in while you do it.

Just a hind sight here looking at the pic I'd bet you could push the seal back to the bearing & just grind it flat easily.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:05:31 PM by 81cr450 »

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »
Still with me ? We gotta cut the case with a decent end mill. .125 off the kicker side I think its .535 off the sproket side but I'm not sure there. Cant find my standard. Well I ended up with mockup cases on this cause my main bore is shot. Tool for the next build I guess. On the gen 3 it worked out opposite like 125 off the sproket side & the 535 off the kicker side. When you set up your mount height you want set it off of the kicker move it to 3/4 stroke  & set your mounts from there. When you have it right you will see that your pipe will clear the Y . Lower pic is where I'm showing what I mean by 3/4 stroke, as thats the tightest spot for clearance.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:56:44 AM by 81cr450 »

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 04:11:22 PM »
If your balls aint sweating cutting up a $350 pipe  kudos to you.

Yes livenlife699 it is the CPI sand pipe, I'm hoping where I'm going 550cc that it will help bring powerband back a little lower as it is a topend pipe

Also just gotta show the Teraflex again if you havent seen one you should. Its the way to get the power to the ground & they arent really that heavy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:01:22 AM by 81cr450 »

Motorrad

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »
Still with me ? We gotta cut the case with a decent end mill. .125 off the kicker side I think its .535 off the sproket side but I'm not sure there. Cant find my standard. Well I ended up with pratice cases on this cause my main bore is shot. on the gen 3 it worked out opposite like 125 off the sproket side & the 535 off the kicker side. When you set up your mount height you want set it off of the kicker move it to 3/4 stroke  & set your mounts from there. When you have it right you will see that your pipe will clear the Y

Doesnt look like there is room for the exaust springs?

Which teraflex is it?    I hear there are 2 places of manufacture... one ROCKS, one is So so... (think one is steel belted, one isnt)...

How heavy is it?

Looking good thus far!

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
Everything is tight at this point, your kicker alignment sucks. It either rubs the pipe or frame even though I clearanced it, "the frame," after setting it up when I did the motor mounts. I'm hoping to hit a half gear on the nuetral setup in the case sprag, or I'll get a kx420 kicker & bend it with the torch to get a fit between the frame & pipe. The CPI does kick ass over the FMF or Procircuit for fit. The springs for attaching the pipe are a challenge but look at broken frame pics of AF conversions on the net & you'll be hessitant to cut like me. Just a bit of die grinding in the kicker C will help & but do it before you powder coat. Even after that you can trim on the kicker stubb & gain a little more. you will have to mount the jug  & then roll it into the mounts to assemble it which is a struggle for some. The 3.7 gallon tank is a must, after pushing a bike 2mi home 3 times you'll see Y , it should clear the plug & head nicely . Those stock 250 tanks are only good for 1hr & 45 minutes "no longer" 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:07:59 PM by 81cr450 »

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
It is the sucky Tflex Moto  but I will replace it with the USA version in a month of riding. The springs are tight but if you stretch 2 coils into a straight you have the  flat spot you need to clear the frame. Tell me how the total seal worked & please answer on the reeds. Paul has my boot & visions of greatness are dancing through my head. What are you doing on your "mix & match"     

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »

Man '81,
  That is really trick set-up! Hoping to see some action shots soon.   :-D
     Carry on there Troop!
          Tuck\o/

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 04:57:20 PM »
Not really trick Tuck, I'm PO' so the easier & cheaper the better. The chassis was $375 after I sold the motor & plastic. The motor I've lost track on after a grand or better, but I bought a running 1999 with a spare motor for $1300 sold the motor for $850 & pieced the rest on ebay for about another $600. Most of the cash is in the 550cc kit & the fact my powervalves & case's were shot. I'll post some pics on Windowing &coating the piston, balancing the crank, & assembly that I'm doing myself, as it is my trade. Be another week or 2 depending on how long it take the cases & cylinder to get here
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:04:10 AM by 81cr450 »