Author Topic: RAD VALVE  (Read 3372 times)

5Hundy

RAD VALVE
« on: June 20, 2004, 04:20:31 PM »
I have a 97  KX500  Stock, cept 4 an Ohlins rear shock. :)

Is the Boyesen  RAD  Valve a good mod, which  pipe would work best 4 motox traks  FMF Fatty  or Gnarly?

Ta

Paul  NZ

mikesmith

RAD VALVE
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:29:08 AM »
I never used the RAD valve,but I hear it moves the power to the top end and its not really making more power,just moving it.But most of us KX500 riders have a more responsive,little more power by using the V-Fource.So like I say I can suggest a V-Fource as money well spent,as far as a pipe I run a PC.But I would say the Gnarly for real tight tracks and the Fatty for every thing else,or if just one pipe go with the Fatty.

99tjrockcrawler

RAD VALVE
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:51:23 PM »
I have the 1dir racing valve.  I have not yet installed it but am going to this summer.  I don't do much riding here in the summer so I am waiting till fall gets close before I put it in.  They told me it will give so much more power on the top end that it will feal like a new bike.  They told me I am going to have to rejet to somewhere around a 205 main. http://www.1dirracing.com/ then just click on reed valves on the right. they also have great customer support.  They keep a file on you and all your upgrades and help you set up the bike anytime you make changes.

5Hundy

RAD VALVE
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 11:37:31 AM »
thanx guys that helps, i was going to get a rad valve but wont now as  i want a power increase across the band, and better throttle response:

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WEBSITE I CAN ORDER AWESUM DVDS OF THE KX500 RACING ON MOTOX TRAKS  PLUS DESERT RACING FOOTAGE AND DOCUMENTARIES ON THE BIG GREEN MEANIE?

ALSO  WILL THE KX500 PRODUCTION STOP IN 2006  WITH OTHER 2STROKES IN THE US???

I was going to sell mine 4 a 4stroke but not now, i will pass it on to my son when he is man enough  as the mighty 500 never ages...

Plus when wheelying in top gear  when u have to drop it u can get it sky hi again with just a blip of the throttle wearas the 4strokes that were beside me that couldnt  ie YZ426F

mikesmith

RAD VALVE
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 12:42:44 PM »
You might try www.motovideo.com for any MX footage of the 500,because there hasnt been a MX class since '94 (?).As far as off-road Moto Head 1 or 2 has some great footage.