Author Topic: TM designs axle block whip holder KX500 on steroids :)  (Read 1581 times)

Offline sniper1

TM designs axle block whip holder KX500 on steroids :)
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »
          Well I liked the TM designs axle block whip holder but wasn't sure if it would fit a K5 so I ordered one anyway figuring the worst I coud lose is $30 so I ordered the KX250 axle block whip holder and of course it didn't fit but there is alway a but.

My welder looked at the stock chain adjuster blocks and said that he could weld them together and I would have a better setup because it would sit an extra 2" from the axle giving my fender a break lol.

Well I'm happy with the finished product it looks good and I can still adjust my chain and it allows me to move the wheel back all except for a little over a 1/4" but he even rounded the back of the unit to match the inside of the swingarm where the stock axle blocks go so it fits like a glove and keeps the exact same angle as the TM designs whip holder so everything worked out great and if anyone is looking for a rock solid setup that looks good this is just one way to go so for $40 I have the unit I want since TM doesn't want to make on for the K5 no problem always more than one way to skin a cat.

See how that back is rounded it fits the back of the swingarm perfectly and this way I can put the paddle on without rubbing up front

TM designs axle block whip holder combined with stock axle block

http://rides.webshots.com/album/580160118KbFtoA?start=48
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline Polar-Bus

Re: TM designs axle block whip holder KX500 on steroids :)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
I like it   8-) 

Good solution to attatching a whip flag.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline sniper1

Re: TM designs axle block whip holder KX500 on steroids :)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
       Thanks bus! I'm not going to let TM get me down lol, if they won't make one for the K5 I'll just have one made but of course they still made the sale on the unit but my welder said it's a piece of cake to make them so no big deal :)

I will add that their design had the whip grinding against the rear fender with quite a bit of pressure so by using the stock axle block and welding the TM unit on a 45 degree angle it put the flag out almost 2" from the axle and 1" away from the fender I like that but put a stainless eye bolt on the fender for good measure.

A little stainless hardware and solid as a rock but at first I tried a 5/16 stainless eyelet and forgot that when I land off a jump it needs room to move :( almost snapped the whip off a small natural jump on the back 50 so I went with a 5/8" eyelet and plenty of room to move now.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:45:53 AM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.