Author Topic: Maxxis SI rear tire  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Big Yac

Maxxis SI rear tire
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:33:10 PM »
...is here and going to be mounted on Friday.  I can't wait to try it out, sure looks nice.  Anyone try this tire on their 500?

Offline greencannon

Re: Maxxis SI rear tire
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »
maxxis tires are great.....but be ready to bust your knuckles, the sidewalls are tough enough to withstand nuclear blast

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
I run the Desert IT myself...  GREAT TIRE..  wears like iron...

have run the regular IT....    not enough sidewall for Serious desert...

Offline Big Yac

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
well I put a few hours of ride time on the SI and I must say it held up well.  I was riding at a local track ( in the woods that is) lots of rocks, ruts and roots.  The 4 wheelers have really chewed it up.  There are some straights where you can about click into fourth but there are also tight, twisty sections and lots of steep hill climbs with very little run at them.  The friend I rode with is fast, he races a few AMA pro arenacrosses every year, I could barely keep him in sight but I rode well for being off the bike for so long.  Anyways, to make a long story short, yes the edge of the tire wore a bit but it was alot less than any other tires I've used.  I had great traction everywhere.  Also, my friend (whose dad has an 87 KX 500) got me when we stopped and said that he forgot how much roost a 500 threw.  I like this tire, a good choice for eastern woods type riding.