Author Topic: Bristol core silencer packing needs a volunteer.  (Read 2747 times)

Offline sniper1

Bristol core silencer packing needs a volunteer.
« on: May 29, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »
          The people at bristol core want to make a kit up for the kx 500 so they need someone to send their pro circuit silencers in and they will repack them with their product for free all you have to do is ship it to them and they will ship it back on their dime all repacked with some freebies to top the deal off which I am assuming is extra free packing material or something.

I tried to get ahold of the admistrators or moderators to decide who gets to send theirs in but didn't hear back from them so if interested let me know through pm and I'll forward your information to bristol core and you will not be disappointed with their product and they will use your silencer to develop a kit specifically for our bikes which can't hurt.

Once again this is made in the USA packing material good to 1400 degrees and I've never seen packing this good and have packed a few silencers in my day this stuff is that good.

www.bristolcore.com if you want to check their site out and the first person that pms me that have pro circuit pipe and wants free packing that is out of this world at doing it's job I will give you the information to send your silencer in and you will get free packing and then a kx500 kit specific to our bikes will be on their product list.

I should probably specify which kit I bought it was the 19" pillow type spec 30 (their best stuff) and my silencer is only 8" and came in at 90 decibles at 2500-3000 rpm at the park so I can't imagine what it would do for a full sized silencer. For the price of sending your silencer to them they repack yours and ship it back on their dime with some extra freebies to go with it what do you have to lose.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:21:32 PM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline delphipro5

Re: Bristol core silencer packing needs a volunteer.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
Sweet! I just got ripped by pro-circuit for 2 pack kits that don't even look like they fit my pro-circuit sparky I have! (I like thier product, but I hate the company!!!) So yeah, hook it up. My pipe is so gunked right now from running entirely too rich last season, But I was going to break the engine in before I repacked it just to make sure I don't gunk it again. once I know it's leaned I will repack. But maybe I will break in on the oem silencer and send my pro sparky to these guys. And do a switch out when they send it back.

GUNKED!!

I am PM ing you now.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
 Hey Snipe,
 Very cool offering up the info, Good on you! :wink:
  That's what makes this place the best little site on the web for me.
   I haven't been around much as I had to have some repair work done on my disc between S-1 & L-5.
 The site has been changing, but its the little things like this, and guys like Snipe  that keep me here.
    Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline sniper1

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 02:50:04 PM »
       Well delphi was the first to pm me so he gets the free packing job and some extra freebies from bristol core and after they use his silencer they will have a kit specific for our bikes which is always nice to have.

I've repacked a few silencers and this stuff is outstanding for sound reduction and nice deep pop to the bike I'm impressed and once again made in the USA to me matters a lot.

Even if it was just as good as others out there if they are foreign made I would rather go with our stuff.

I'm working on a guy to make a axle block whip holder right now he's going to let me know if he can do it with his equipment because the tm designs block didn't fit but I ordered one just to see if it might and since I ordered other things I added it to the cart.

I think we can have anything made that we want since there is power in numbers and some companies are eager to get our business and the customer service at bristol core really made me happy when the next day aired mine to me free of charge so I wouldn't miss my trip to the quarry. They forgot to ship it out on time but it wouldn't have made it by the weekend anyway since I ordered it wednesday so they sent it saturday next day air nice of them but delphi will be able to tell you what I already know about their product when his silencer comes back.

Remember my silencer is only 8" long and passed a decible test coming in at 90 decibles holding it at 2500-3000 rpm and my silencer is the 304 not the forestry approved.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:18:47 PM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »
Hey Snipe,
 Very cool offering up the info, Good on you! :wink:
  That's what makes this place the best little site on the web for me.
   I haven't been around much as I had to have some repair work done on my disc between S-1 & L-5.
 The site has been changing, but its the little things like this, and guys like Snipe  that keep me here.
    Tuck\o/

I have "unilateral sacrilization of vertibre S-1" which causes siatica in my left leg... along with a host of other problems!! BACK PAIN SUCKS! Hope surgury went well.
 I know I don't have much to offer up to all of you as far as good info and leads on parts.... But I am VERY thankfull to all who help in that department on this site. The list of names is almost infinite. Maybe some day I will be able to give back what has been given to me.  :wink:

Offline sniper1

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
        We had a private in my platoon that fell from a 25' building in iraq he had to get a fusion surgery on L-5 S-1 and they used a stainless netting to wrap his spine it was bad so I feel for you guys.

I think all the people at bristol core want is an honest review of their product when you try it and I was a tad skeptical when I spent the $40 but that is over with now that I have used it and passed the decible test at the quarry and now I know that I'll pass at the dunes with my shorty.

I hope this axle block whip holder comes together because I like the idea but hate that nobody makes them for the 500 at least I haven't found one like the tm designs unit which is a nice piece.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »
I will try to give a thorogh review of the product. Thanks. hope to find the repack kit I have been looking for! One I can rely on.

Offline sniper1

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »
          I think you are about to be very happy with this product I can't believe I'm this happy with frickin silencer packing lol make sure you yell through it when it comes back from bristol core see what happens :)