Author Topic: First batch of parts just came in :)  (Read 25669 times)

Offline delphipro5

Re: First batch of parts just came in :)
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2011, 08:32:09 AM »
OEM fibers are here and the gasket just waiting on the hinson basket

:? DID YOU COME THRU WITH SOME HINSON BASKETS??

Offline sniper1

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
          LOL nope better than that the 90-91 kx250 basket is the same part numbr 082 hinson told me it's the very same basket as the kx500 :)

http://shop.andersracing.net/Kawasaki-KX250-Hinson-Clutch-Basket-90-91-KLA31-082.htm

$208 shipped to my door :) and yours if you jump on one and I did check with hinson they said that is the same part as the kx500 basket only $50-70 cheaper.
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
Just referenced part#'s between the 2000 K5 and the 1990 KX250 and the 1991 KX250 (OEM #'s).. And found that the # for the basket of both the 91 250 and the 2000 K5 are THE SAME! (#13095-1196) But The # for the 90 250 is different (#10395-1206) maybe different gearing or something...

SO, The hinson basket that fits the 91 KX250 SHOULD pop right in to the 2000 KX500    GOOD CALL SNIPE! :-D JUST ORDERED ONE! :evil:

:UPDATE: Looks like anders racing sold out of the basket, Now i'm on the search again! :|
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:57:14 PM by delphipro5 »

Offline sniper1

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
       Excellent :) and the manager at hinson double and triple checked to make sure that basket would fit the kx500 he said yes so I can't imagine him being wrong with the specs in front of him for both.

I sure would be bummed if he was wrong but he sure sounded like a solid guy that had it together so I'm confident and can't wait to get mine in the mail, thanks to blaster for finding the great price $199 plus shipping is a great deal.

New devol frame guard is on :)
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline alward25

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »
Sweet,  looks like I know what is on my list of what to buy next. 
Thanks!!
"Let there be light"

Offline sniper1

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »
       You're welcome and it has a wing to protect the ignition cover same as the water pump super easy to install took 5 minutes at the most but I read a few guys struggled to install it but it's very very easy.

Nice thick piece of aluminum too so riding at the quarry won't take my case out :) the guard has like delrin tubes that keep the bolts from backing out too nice touch I thought.

If you look at the rear of mine I overtightened it and curved it which is incorrect so I backed the bolt off so it's nice and even accross and I realized what the delrin tubes on top of the bolts were for :) to keep the bolts from loosening so I didn't need it that tight.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:30:14 PM by sniper1 »

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:12 PM »
a skid plate is a good investment if you are going bouncing over rocks, but if you get into some muddy riding, the mud packs into the skidplate opening between the case and can cause your engine to overheat. Jam some foam in the front cavity to prevent mud from packing in the cavity.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline sniper1

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 04:07:12 AM »
      Thanks bus great info as always and it does get wet here in michigan rain rain rain.

Offline sniper1

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
       Well I threw this baja designs headlight guard on today so I could ride at the gravel pit without getting my light crushed and good thing I did some idiot pulled on the MX track cut in front of me so he could throw a roost of rocks at me and a physical altercation followed and he promised to never do that again what a moron.

It's actually a nice looking and strong guard but why it doesn't come with one oh wait it's so they can make extra money but good investment none the less.

It was wash day today :) everything got a  bath.

I guess you could call this the finished product minus the new clutch which isn't in yet due to some parts issues with the fibers and I'm still waiting on the galfer stainless front line so I can put the new EBC pads on but the rear brake makes me happier and happier with the stainless line and EBC MX pads very very nice stopping.

I wish bundy hill would have let my wife ride on the back down to this hill with me today so she could have taken video of me torturing this weak hill that nobody seemed to be able to climb but the K5 made it look pretty easy to a ton of high fives and what kind of bike is that lol some kids are so far gone that they thought I had a 450  or a kx250 how sad the youth of today is but I will get some video next weekend of my K5 making this hill look like a bump lol and these guys were taking huge running starts I almost dead digged this speed bump.

They call this chicken hill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0jeH2_hJg

For reference here is a K5 failing to make the hill lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpMgTThYUEA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki60XQU4g2c&feature=related

Aluminum drain plug with super strong magnet on it and I like this for a couple reasons one it's harder to strip the hole out and two it will pick up any steel shavings

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:36:49 PM by sniper1 »

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2011, 09:40:24 PM »
      Thanks bus great info as always and it does get wet here in michigan rain rain rain.

I like the Baja kit !

Here's how I "KDX500" converted mine    8-)      (a good read)

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,6603.0.html
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline sniper1

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »
Great work there bus but I needed turn signals so I can be street legal, my bike is plated and I can ride it down the dirt roads without getting a ticket which is very pricey my buddy with his CR500 found out the hard way $250 bucks for roosting a state police car while ripping down a dirt road by me :)

If you have the rear fender mod done the light will take a beating due to the 250 fender not being as strong so LED will hold up a little better and take that pounding

Notice the LED tail light it's very small and still DOT Legal as my bike had to undergo an inspection

Turn signals

This will probably be the last time I post for about 45 days as this place is being taken away and I'm camping out in the front yard in my tent until the new place is done so the phones are going bye bye and the internet and tv are going bye bye.

Personally I like money in the bank and could have lived here until I died but my wife wanted this new place so now we've put out a little over 50k and another 8k to spend :(

Front room gone

Cement going
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:56:45 PM by sniper1 »

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »
I'm sure you will be happy with the new place when all is said and done. It's nice to upgrade if you can. :-D The transitions always a little nerve wracking though.

Offline sniper1

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
          Yeah I guess I'm old school and like all that money in the bank and in guns and ammo :) better than gold IMO, me and my dad are the same we don't need much of a place to live and both spent a couple years in the field while in the army so living quarters are not that important to me it's the wife that has to have the fancy new house :( very nerve wrecking lining all the extra work up and I'm camping out in the yard for the next 45 days :)

Offline sniper1

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
       Thunder products deep float bowl nut and it's deeper than I thought so nice surprise and I am heading to the sand dunes in a few weeks and am not taking any chances so a little extra fuel never hurt :)

This bugger holds a lot of fuel to my surprise I thought it was just a different design that kept fuel near the main jet but it is deep and wide inside.

I like to rage accross the sand woops at WOT and though I've never run out of fuel on a k5 I figure a little insurance never hurt and I'm a sucker for bike gadgets and I make fun of the gun guys that buy every little thing to make their AR supposedly work better lol.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:49:33 PM by sniper1 »

Motorrad

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2011, 03:18:24 PM »
why not run the Boyesen float bowl then?

nice Nuts   :lol: