Author Topic: First batch of parts just came in :)  (Read 25673 times)

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: First batch of parts just came in :)
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »

It just keeps Gettin' Better!  8-)
     Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline sniper1

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »
Thanks tuck the sidewinder smart chain 2 just came in and the titanium sprockets so ever so much closer just waiting on new caliper parts to rebuild them and new caliper pins then I can throw the galfer brake lines and EBC pads on and I can't put the MSR chain slider on yet waiting for the OEM washers that go betweent the slider and bolts they were damaged when taking the stock slider off.

Looks like my wife just wrote a huge check out for our new house so my parts buying is just about over with she just wrote a $45,000  check and ordered a manufactured home so once all the parts I have still coming make it to the house all the mods are just about over with except the hinson basket if they do a run :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:37:44 PM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »
    Dang Snipe,
 That was one heck of a run..   :-D
   Still looking forward to seeing the finished product.
        Tuck\o/

Offline sniper1

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 05:15:49 AM »
     Thanks tuck I was on a roll until the wife stepped in :( I would have been happy living in the hunting trailer til I died but she wants a big fancy house to show someone I suppose but then again we are the same with showing our bikes I guess so I had to take one for the team.

I farm 50 acres and make enough to live out my days debt free but she took my savings lol dang it but I still have some good stuff coming in the mail :)

ASV brake rotator devol frame/case guard and sunline shifter.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:18:16 AM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »

Well You hang in there on the Farm Snipe!
    I don't know how many guys are looking around the world right now, but food prices are going through the roof.
 The days of the starving family farmer are soon to be over.   
    With all the natural diasters in the world this year the current food supply is gonna run dangerously low.  The amount of farm land not being currently planted is staggering.   I bet you will be able to double and pert'near triple your income in the next five years.    Sound crazy?    Some of the largest hedge funds in the world are grabbing land almost everywhere they can.    How many farmers you know under the age of 55?   All the Farmers kids go to college and want to move to the city.  I bet only 1 in ten Kids come home from college to run the family farm, and 1 in 20 corporate farm kids come back from college to get into the business.. 
   We'll see... 
  Tuck\o/

Offline sniper1

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
        Thanks tuck and you have a great pulse on what's happening right now and we have seen corn go from $3.30 a bushel last year to $7.20 this year due to ethenol so now we're changing from hay to corn and I have 53 acres and my dad has the same but his is used for cattle and hay to feed them.

Dad was in 2 wars and I've been in one so we're just retired soldiers that headed back to doing what we like after our military days but you are right about food costs and land we've had the government on our butts about putting windmills on our land and paying us a good chunk of change to rent our land but nobody is going to tell us how to use our land it will be needed to feed people and in our neck of the woods we take care of our own first everyone eats in my parts.

I wanted to put a few doubles and a few tabletops around the edge of the field but worried that it would cause problems for the equipement snagging the dirt or losing farmland by doing it so I left it alone :) plus I know how ignorant I get when it comes to jumping at 43 years old I don't need laid up in the hospital and my wife on the tractor lol.

This is when we first bought the land before tilling and planting and this only shows 1/3 of the land 50 acres never sounds like much but it's enough to make a decent living if the weather doesn't really turn on ya :)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:40:04 PM by sniper1 »

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 05:06:54 AM »
  Right on Snipe,
  I grew up in N.E. Ohio, and it looks very similar to what you have.   50 acres is Plenty to work if it's just you and the wife....and now you have a "New Home" on the way!.. Best of Luck to you and the family!
  Tuck\o/ 

Offline sniper1

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »
       I am in hillsdale michigan and 50 acres has been quite good to me without having to buy a massive tractor I can get away with 45hp and 1000lb round baler it's great and NE ohio you know the deal :) I guess the new home will be nice but I liked having the $$ in the bank :)

Barnett steel plates, moose exhaust springs, UFO fork guards, magnetic drain plug, motion pro clutch and throttle cables, rock guard for baja headlight

ASV C6 pro clutch perch/lever

ASV C6 brake lever and works connection brake fluid cover I am waiting on the dust boot for the lever, G2 aluminum throttle housing installed with new pro taper pillow top grips the G2 is very smooth

Boyeson cover installed and sidewinder titanium sprocket with new circlip

Galfer stainless rear brake line

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:31:02 PM by sniper1 »

Offline sniper1

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 02:38:36 PM »
       Just a note to anyone thinking of using motion pro cables the throttle cable requires that you swap the boot off the old cable as the new one isn't big enough to cover the brass fitting on top of the carb and good luck getting the little clip back on the brass fitting I pitched it after talking to a motorcycle mechanic at the local shop he said it isn't needed with the slide and spring pressure holding the cable tight and the tension at the lever it's not needed.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »

Snipe,
  I have to warn you about that little clip you tossed :-o 
      I have to preface this by stating I Have no formal training as a mechanic or machinist etc..However...
   There have been some really nasty accidents account the sheath on the cableactuall comes out of the brass insert and hang the throttle wide open.  Yeah the little clip may be a pain in the tukus but I would really urge you to put it on.
    I had mine hang open when I swapped out my 39 for a 38 a.s.  and once on my CR5 when I swapped out carbs on it.

There are more than a few  threads dealing  with STC  Stuck Throttle Condition most of them don't end well.
It happens at the worst time it could , with the bike WOT.
     Maybe some of the other guys will see the thread and chime in...
         Tuck\o/

Motorrad

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »

Snipe,
  I have to warn you about that little clip you tossed :-o 
      I have to preface this by stating I Have no formal training as a mechanic or machinist etc..However...
   There have been some really nasty accidents account the sheath on the cableactuall comes out of the brass insert and hang the throttle wide open.  Yeah the little clip may be a pain in the tukus but I would really urge you to put it on.
    I had mine hang open when I swapped out my 39 for a 38 a.s.  and once on my CR5 when I swapped out carbs on it.

There are more than a few  threads dealing  with STC  Stuck Throttle Condition most of them don't end well.
It happens at the worst time it could , with the bike WOT.
     Maybe some of the other guys will see the thread and chime in...
         Tuck\o/

I agree with Tuck here...   

But hear me out on how I run mine..

Due to my wider taller bars, I have to run custom cables (stockers too short).   So I run a standard type brass screw in the top of my carb (takes a standard cable end, not the odd ball Kx clip one).. since I make my own cables..

To prevent the "stuck throttle" issue... AND to keep out sand, dirt, etc... as it CAN AND WILL enter the carb here..   

I shrink tube my cable TO the brass screw..   so it is one solid connection of shirnk tube... NO CHANCE of it comming out, or getting dirty..

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »

Capitol Idea again MoRad...
  I was at least going to suggest  at the Least Lockwire the cable to the cap.
     Thanks for the Back -up,  I would hate to have someone find out what happens when this particular event occurs!
           Tuck\o/

Offline sniper1

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 02:21:24 AM »
      Thanks for the heads up now I'm concerned and I figured a trained professional motorcycle mechanic wouldn't steer me wrong but so much for that ;) I cannot get that d**ned clip on and I even took it to the moto shop and they couldn't either so after several dead family members and the dog being kicked :) lol the motorcycle mechanic told me he pitches the clips when he comes accross them so not real happy with their service at this point.

I have plenty of shrink tube due to all the equipment we have to deal with and electric fence you name it so I will try that for now but after hearing that a stuck throttle condition could occur I can't be laid up for a minute and ride fast and hard as it is so I don't like to take chances.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:40:07 AM by sniper1 »

Offline sniper1

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 03:39:26 AM »
        Ok I didn't know that if I deleted the pics from webshots they would disappear from here but now I know but I shrunk the hell out of that shrink tube and then pressed the stock cover over that.

All of my water pump parts came in today too the bearings and seals and gaskets all that good stuff about 10 parts total needle bearings came so when I swap the clutch out I can just rebuild the water pump too no sense taking any chances on it needing rebuilt after almost 10 years old and never been touched.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 05:38:36 AM by sniper1 »

Offline sniper1

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
      Ok I installed the fasst brake clevis and spring so I now have a super tight brake lever that I can adjust the spring return by turning the cap under the rear master cylinder and the clevis has no play in it so it's very solid also removed that annoying spring on the brake lever don't need it anymore.

Ton of new parts

MSR chain slider new metal grommets new screws

14 tooth sidewinder titanium sprocket new smart chain 2

Rebuilt caliper everything new including pads and works connection caliper guard

BRP chain guide sidewinder smart chain and 49 tooth titanium rear sprocket

Billet oil plug with O ring