Author Topic: Gas cap size K5  (Read 7719 times)

Offline sniper1

Re: Gas cap size K5
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
         Yep plated and I can jump on the street and head anywhere I want hitting all the dirt roads without looking over my shoulder not to mention the looks I got uptown today lol found me a 650 to destroy too so that's why the 4 choke guys get angry because they spend 2 times the money and can't keep up with a dinosaur.

The environment thing really gets me since ethenol uses more energy to make that it produces that's a fact not speculation and then the fumes from ethenol have been found to be just as bad if not worse but they are stuck running with it after all the money sunk into it.

40% of all the corn grown in the US goes to ethenol and my dad and I raise steer and we also farm 50 acres of hay that we put into 1000lb round bales we sell some and keep the rest for the steer. The price of corn per bushel was $3.40 last year and this year it's $7.20 so feeding the steer corn (which is great for a few months before slaughter) makes them fatten up and taste better but who can afford $7.20 a bushel so everyone pays more at the grocery store.

d**ned tree huggers I wish they would leave the 2 stroke guys alone and worry about the real pollution :) but from my cold dead hand they can have my K5.
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 02:14:11 AM »
Yes Yes and Yes  :lol: Thats cool that it's plated too. Sweet on the street im sure! I'm not sure why us 2t guys get ragged on so bad, maybe someday we will rule again. Until then we are the outlaws!  :evil:  I love how everyone speaks conservation in this state, when 90% of it is owned by the paper company! :lol:
I guess it's a $5,000.00 fine if you get caught on thier roads! Maine "the way life should be" ?for who?

My only gripe with the 2 strokes is the lack of traction. I'm not saying 2 strokes are slow by any means, it's just that when you pilot a 450 4 stroke in slick terrain, there is NO comparison to traction the clear advantage is 4 stroke. HOWEVER, when you have ideal conditions, there is no better "smile factor" that whacking a KX500's throttle WO and your heart starts racing...   :-D
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline sniper1

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
        I've never had a chance to ride a 450 and I can see where the 4 stroke would have better traction in the sloppy stuff the factory guys sure do move on them but they're fast on everything but I can't imagine converting :) I just can't bring myself to do it. I would have been head and shoulders further ahead by buying a 450 though for the motocross tracks it's a lot closer suspension wise to where I need to be but I have a shop all lined up here in michigan for around $1800 to do front and rear for my weight and set up for mx and every once in a while hare scrambles.

Anyone know if ufo or any other aftermarket companies will ever make a molded k5 rear fender? it sure would be nice for convenience when I start breaking them on the track lol.

I can't find aftermarket left side footpeg mount either to go with my IMS pro pegs that I have coming and I've googled i every which way but loose.

Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.