Author Topic: needle question  (Read 2235 times)

Fookeneh

needle question
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:22:52 PM »
Looking at Paul's chart,I was wondering where you count the needle clip positions from. Is the 3rd clip from the flat or the pointy end of the needle? What is the difference between the n82m and the n82r needles ? I have the n82r in my 94.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
needle question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 01:22:39 PM »
I count top down. 3rd is the middle setting and the n82r is 1/2 a step richer than stock.

Fookeneh

needle question
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:25:35 PM »
Does 1/2 a step matter if I follow that chart? I'm running a model 1891 pro-circuit pipe , Boysen rad valve, #7 slider with needle clip in 1st position, 168 main, 58 pilot, 1.5 turns air screw, 0- 2000 ft. elevation, 25* celcius, 92 octane, belray synthetic.
           Thankyou.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
needle question
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:20:01 AM »
Probly not, try it and find out. The chart is only a starting point, environmental factors (humidity, etc...) also affect jetting and no chart I know of can take that into consoderation.

Fookeneh

needle question
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 05:37:55 AM »
Down here on the west coast we definetely get alot of rain and humidity. Is the oxygen less or more dense when it is humid? I know temp. effects density, but I'm not sure about moisture.
 I will start there and see.    My float looks pretty dam close to 16mm. That is when I balance the carb on an angle to get the float to just touch the little needle that sticks out of the valve. I thought that the measurement should have been taken with the carb entirely upside-down with all the weight of the float on the needle. Does the fuel actually stop flowing as soon as contact is made with that tiny spring loaded needle?