Author Topic: Re-titled: HELP! Please...someone?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline scooterVOOII

Re-titled: HELP! Please...someone?
« on: October 15, 2011, 02:38:56 AM »
  Hoping the best minds can help me out here.  The last Kawi I owned was a 2000 KX 250, and that motor was just mind numbingly fast in the bottom end, which is what I like most in a motor.  Which is why I ride a 500 mostly.  I have the chance to buy either a 2002 or 2005 STUPID cheap.  Both in showroom condition.  Since I want the 200 motor back, is the 02 the better choice or did they shift the power around on that year?  I absolutely do NOT want a dead low-end motor that's all mid and up, and I'm told by a friend of mine that pretty much defines the 05, as well as some jetting issues.  Bear in mind I'm a 250 lb. 49 year old rider and this bike will only be ridden on super tight technical tracks that a 500 will eat you alive on.  Trust me on that one.  Been there.  Done that.  It's a fairly safe track, but when you make that miscue with the throttle and miss a corner, it get's ugly.  Has a few short small doubles that my present bike has no low-end to conquer.  Square off the corner, pull the trigger and pray.  So here's the question.  Can either bike be modded to get the low-end, does the 02 have it, or will a cylinder swap work on either bike?  As in 00 jug onto 02 or 05?  KIPS compatability and ignition swap as well?  I'm assuming the curves would be different to suit either engines power.  I'm not really referring to a porting job, but flat out monster low end as available in the stock motor.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:34:39 AM by scooterVOOII »