Author Topic: suspension revalve  (Read 2165 times)

Offline kelcrist

suspension revalve
« on: April 17, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
has anyone re-valved their shock?    i need the shock stiffer for big dune air......... i have a stiffer spring, need to service as well and id just like it to work better. 

Offline kelcrist

Re: suspension revalve
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:06:16 PM »
not a lot of knowledge in this area i see........................well ill just get the gold valve kit.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:55:31 PM »
I had my 00 K5 revalved and sprung for my weight.
I had it done by Richard at houseofhorsepower.com
If you are serious about going fast over the rough stuff it is a must.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:41:26 AM »
I have "just" installed gold valves before... it helps, but not as good as getting stuff set up for YOU...

All my stuff.. gets done by Precision Concepts. (I have a buddy here)... and they work VERY CLOSE with us local desert racers, so they know the terrain VERY well....

(They also were willing to make my kx450, kx500 suspension swap play nice)

What precision concepts does with the stock internals, works miles better than when I was just running a gold valve...

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
has anyone re-valved their shock?    i need the shock stiffer for big dune air......... i have a stiffer spring, need to service as well and id just like it to work better. 
Find a reputable suspension shop, preferably close to you that is willing to listen to how you want it set up.  Fine tuned suspension is key to having a great bike.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline kelcrist

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »
i could easily send if off to someone but i wont learn anything that way.   i like learning how it all works. ill have to look for some place that sells shims and go to work on it.