Author Topic: KX60 help!  (Read 1993 times)

Offline chris-mets

KX60 help!
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
I recently bought a 2000 KX60 and rode it wrong. I was in second gear for a long time then it just died out. Later that day, I replaced the spark plug and it push started. 2 weeks later it didnt even push start. I opened the engine up and the cylinder head and piston were all chewed up with scrappy metal gouges. On the inside wall of the cylinder was a big gouge. The piston rings were shot too so I think it didnt have enough compression after 2 push starts in second gear. I purchased a wiseco piston kit with everything, a cylinder head, and a cylinder. I do not want to put these on yet because I am afraid some of the chewed up metal is in the engine and will shoot up into the cylinder and the same thing will happen. The connecting rod is also really shaky. It wobbles side to side and a little up. I want to put a new bearing in so the connecting rod won't shake but I do not know how to get to it. I took off the crankcase and it looked good. Then I took off the other side and everything looked good. I don't want to fool around with any gears or take apart the inside of the engine because I am scared something will go wrong. I have no more money. I do not want to take chances. How am I going to clean out the engine. I am 13 and I just started getting into bikes a year ago. Please Help! Thanks.
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80