Author Topic: Scott's steering damper opinions  (Read 6613 times)

Offline Enduro Addict

Re: Scott's steering damper opinions
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:05 AM »
You guys could always make it easy and use the GPR bolt on tower if you do not have access to a welder.  That is what I did with mine and had no problem.  If they ask for what type of stabilizer, just ell them for a GPR version 1.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
You guys could always make it easy and use the GPR bolt on tower if you do not have access to a welder.  That is what I did with mine and had no problem.  If they ask for what type of stabilizer, just ell them for a GPR version 1.

If you look at most all of the pics you will notice that the stem does not protrude at all above the frame on the 500. NO PLACE TO CLAMP A TOWER! I asked both BRP and Scotts if they had a clamp on tower for the 500 and they told me they did not offer one. Due to just that reason. If it was doable i'm sure Scotts would offer one. So I am not sure a GPR clamp on would work, unless it works some other way? Post a pic so we can see what your talking about!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS JUST A MILD STEEL FRAME? NOT CROMOLY RIGHT?

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
When I was in email conversations with Scotts they told me outright that the "clamp" on styles peticulary the KX500 can "slip" and move around. Scott's highly recommended going with the "weld-on"  design .
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 12:51:27 AM »
When I was in email conversations with Scotts they told me outright that the "clamp" on styles peticulary the KX500 can "slip" and move around. Scott's highly recommended going with the "weld-on"  design .

Same thing they told me.  Mine was tig welded.  Don't know what kind of steel the frame is.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Enduro Addict

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 03:55:33 AM »
I will have to charge my camera and take some pictures.  Several people in the club that I belong to have been running these for years with never having an issue with the stem slipping off. 

Offline Enduro Addict

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 05:52:47 AM »
OK, here you go.  As you can see, it drops down on the head about a 3/8 of an inch.  This is from GPR, not BRP.