Author Topic: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!  (Read 219801 times)

Offline chris-mets

Re: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!
« Reply #480 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »
Hey Tuck,

Theres no damage to our house...just 6 hour straight work of sucking up the water and dumping in a sink.

I have to take a picture of the brake lever, I keep forgetting!!!

Yeah I knew there were a ton of aftermarket parts for hondas...The xr is gonna need some new tires soon....All my dirt bikes actually have dunlops except the xr. The xr has cheng shin's or something like that haha. Gonna need some dunlops soon..My friends dad said he could put the tires on for me so thats good! I will take a pic of the brake lever asap! I dont really ride the yz that much. Once I get bigger I will.
yz = hardcore serious riding when Im bigger
kx = FUN FAST BEAST to keep mint after the jetting is resolved
xr = kind of a beater dirt bike but I still keep it nice...like if I fall all I do is touch it up

Thanks guys
Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

« Reply #481 on: August 31, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
Irene got me too! Not as bad as you though, hope you are doing ok! I got power back yesterday morning, was out for about 36 hours. I managed to keep pumping water out of the garage and kept the precious KXs dry! Im south of you near Ft Dix/Maguire AFB.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #482 on: September 03, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »
Yeah thanks Im doing fine! back to normal! Hope your ok!

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #483 on: September 05, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
Hey guys!

its been dead in here lately...Might as well give some updates! I got a chance to snap a photo of the yz rear brake below. Where are we at now? Tuck, you wanted me to take the kx carb off and have a look to see if the main jets fit, am i right? School starts tomorrow :/...Kind of happy about seeing all my friends again and talking about dirt bikes to some of them hahaha! Bummed about the homework part though :/ less time for bikes.

Also a question not related to any of this, but im sure one of you would know. I got a mack bulldog from my friend and it has a lot of pitting so it would need to be re chromed...my dad wants to get it re chromed...how much would something like that be?

Let me know guys.
THanks
Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »
Hey Chris,
 Yep, when you have time check if the round mains fit on your KX. 
Unfortunately the pilot needs to be sorted out also. and with the temps cooling off soon it will need to be larger.

You are gonna have to find something to put between the frame and the brake lever to get that thing to come off.
  What may have happened (besides rust) is a groove has worn in the part of the brake lever that fits through the frame, and the brake lever itself. (or at least the pin that rests in the frame)
  You may have to also remove the footpeg to get more up and down movement  out of the brake as you pry it off.
Of course  when you have time.
  I think the chrome shop will want to see the item before they give you an estimate. 
    What are you guys gonna do with the bulldog after it's done?
I imagine that puppy is gonna be heavy when finnished.. ( yes..pun intended)
  Catch you when you have time.  try to get some sleep. My daughter couldn't sleep nite  before first day. :-D
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Caddy 16v

« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2011, 09:42:57 AM »
Almost looks like somebody put a bolt (hex socket) into the brake lever to hold it in, looks totally different from the parts diagramm!? Can't see a pin anywhere on your picture unless you have already taken it off?
1991 KX250

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »
is the whole shaft attached to the brake peddle.
kinda looks like the back part has been beat on and is largerthan the hole it is coming out of.
might need to grind or file it down
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #487 on: September 10, 2011, 04:44:48 AM »
Hey again guys,

Sorry Tuck, ive had no time to take the carb off the kx from all the running around getting school stuff and doing homework. Man 9th grade is much harder than 8th! haha

Yeah were not going to chrome the bulldog, too expensive!

Caddy, I took off everything around the brake lever including the washers, pins, and everything...it should just slide out....If you could post a diagram it would help....maybe im missing something.

Crazy, the pedal is in fine condition. I dont know why it wont just slide out. I think your thinking that the weld spot is larger than the hole...I dont know what to do other than see a diagram...

Thanks a bunch guys!
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #488 on: September 14, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »
Hey guys,

Tuck, I hope I can get time to take the carb off the bike today! I skipped school today to go to a hospital from 8 am to 330 pm! I have ITP which is low platelets and I had to sit in a chair for 7 hours getting medicine into my hand! fun fun fun! I will text you later tuck? Thanks guys

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #489 on: September 14, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
Chris,
 My middle boy Remington was diagnosed with ITP.  The DR.'s tracked us down and had us rush to the hospital....
  Turns out his blood platelet count varied every day.   They did figure out his levels would spike and drop for no reason at all.  One day it was in the toilet and the next it was above normal...  He just grew out of it.
  15yrs later and no ill effects.   
Hope your case turns out to be similar.      The Dr.'s wont want you zipping around on your bikes, better listen 'till this all pans out.  Take a break from the bikes and stick to school work!    it's a bit less dangerous, well for now anyway!
   Take care,
  Tuck\o/

P.S.  I'm still updating the computors. since I'm still using vista there seem to be 10 or 20 microsoft updates everytime I turn the thing on.  It Is way faster (almost like new)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:08:54 PM by Friar-Tuck »

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #490 on: September 14, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
What a coincidence! Hope it turns out the same too! my platelets vary 30,000 to 100,000....hope the treatment helps so I could play soccer this season!

I got the carb off the bike and its sitting in a plastic bag in the garage. I didnt get a chance to try the jets but tomorrow I will try! I will let you guys know. Thanks

Chris

P.P.S. haha Tuck im sure you knew this already but you gotta watch out for what updates you are doing with your computer. Some are viruses and can totally eat up your computer! Other than that the updates are a positive!
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »
you gotta watch out for what updates you are doing with your computer. Some are viruses and can totally eat up your computer!

That's just wonderful...Since I have PC's I just stick with the microsoft updates...  Let me know if the round mains fit the KX carb..
  Then we'll check the measurements on the pilot and see about getting those straightened out..

Keep up with the school work so you you don't have a mountain of catch -up.  I'm sure things will work out, be a good patient and hang in there.  Catch you later.
  Tuck\o/ 

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #492 on: September 16, 2011, 02:04:17 AM »
Hey Tuck,

I had a bad fever the other day with a bad headache and hillusination so I wasnt feeling too good the other day...I will probably open the carb today to see if it fits. It is already off the bike so it wont be hard...THanks

CHris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #493 on: September 16, 2011, 03:09:01 AM »
Hey again,

I just came back from the garage after seeing the jets and the carb...I opened the carb and took the old main jet out and saw if the flathead new jets would fit. They fit but not right...When I tightened it, it didnt stop turning...Then I took it back out and put the old main back in and it wasnt going in normal. Then I tightened it and CRACK! The old jet threads cracked off of the jet...so now until we figure this out no more kx...And it is freezing outside randomly...I wish I could test the kx and see if its normal in cold weather...Some pics of the cracked jet below...

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #494 on: September 16, 2011, 03:18:48 AM »
This is a link on ebay of what the jet looks like in my carb...well...before it cracked in half lol!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-KAWASAKI-W2-A7-A1-F3-KX60-KDX80-KX80-MAIN-JET-/200559479421?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb246ca7d
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80