Author Topic: OK, Ready for Suspension Mods  (Read 1800 times)

toddwunsch

OK, Ready for Suspension Mods
« on: June 04, 2004, 05:53:09 PM »
OK, now that I've spent every dollar I have on anything and everything, I'm ready to spend my money on what most people would agree should have been my first upgrade.  The suspension.  I sort of felt that I would wait until I blew the fork seals, and then, remove the forks and shocks and send them in.  Well, after 8 hours of rain and mud in Baja, I finally blew the seals.  Or at least got alot of mud and sand up in the seals.  At any rate, I'm ready to take the suspension apart and send it in.  Preliminary shopping from shops in my area range from $380 (Performance Suspension Covina, CA) to $1000 (Race Tech Corona, CA).  Now I'm looking for advice.  I'm a 200 lb rider and I do just about everything from motocross, medium air, hill climbs, baja runs, sand washes, etc..  

Thanks for the advice.

mikesmith

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 10:28:26 PM »
ACME or Pro-Circuit.

Rick

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 11:01:11 AM »
Acme, Acme, Acme, Acme.  I have sent a lot of folks to Daryl over the years (by the way, I don't get any discount on price from Daryl to do our suspension work, so I pay the same as everyone else), and have never heard of an unhappy rider.  The key to getting it right the first time is to give Daryl information on what you like and don't like about your current setup.  I sent him a two page letter on my 500, and will do the same when he changes Ben's new KX later this summer.  If I remember, his price is in the $300-$400 range.  

Rick