Author Topic: Powernow for Sudco 41  (Read 2300 times)

Motorrad

Powernow for Sudco 41
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
I know they have the Powernow carb inserts for the 39 pwk..

Does one exist that will go in a taper bore sudco 41?

I doubt it.. but figured Id ask..

Not saying I want to run one... just curious if the option is out there if somone wanted to..

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:35:41 PM by Motorrad »

Offline cbmoor

Re: Powernow for Sudco 41
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
Hey Mottorrad what are the advatage of these what do they do. Do they increase the power in a different area of the rev range or just give more power everywhere? I have seen these for the bikes but did not know what they do and was there any advantage in installing them.

Offline snoopjonnyjon

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »
My understanding is that the idea is to segment the airflow, so that at half throttle or below, the top half of the intake deadheads, and you?ve got a longer cleaner ?port? into the half open carb? and at any other point, this just becomes a restriction.  The biggest difference is felt on bikes that came hugely over-carbed like a KTM 125SX (39 PWK on a 125!) or CRF250R. I have doubts that there would be any benefit on a 500.

And I haven't seen one for a 41.

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:00:40 AM »
Hey Mottorrad what are the advatage of these what do they do. Do they increase the power in a different area of the rev range or just give more power everywhere? I have seen these for the bikes but did not know what they do and was there any advantage in installing them.

My understanding is that the idea is to segment the airflow, so that at half throttle or below, the top half of the intake deadheads, and you?ve got a longer cleaner ?port? into the half open carb? and at any other point, this just becomes a restriction.  The biggest difference is felt on bikes that came hugely over-carbed like a KTM 125SX (39 PWK on a 125!) or CRF250R. I have doubts that there would be any benefit on a 500.

And I haven't seen one for a 41.

i think those settle turbulence in the venturi
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 06:27:38 AM »
The whole concept behind these are to give good throttle response & the ability to use a larger carb. Once installed @ anything less than half throttle, the motor sees a carb half the diameter of its actual size keeping the velocity high over the needle, resulting in good atomizatiion of the fuel and the "Feeling" of a smaller carb at lower throttle openings.

I can not say they do or do not work, but a buddy has run them on his sons bikes & says there is a difference, as he used to use the Rifle Boring prior to these & now just uses the blade.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:46:10 AM »
also can see leaner jetting for better mpg.