Author Topic: Weird front sand tire  (Read 5952 times)

Offline DeadRinger

Weird front sand tire
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »
Years ago i saw a guy that had the coolest looking front tire on his cr500 at glamis. it looked like 2 razor backs glued together.  wider forks rim the works. Looked like it would keep the front tire from digging in. Has anyone ever seen anything like that before?
This box should be one line.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: Weird front sand tire
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Never saw what you described.
However, all you need for the sand is the correct air pressure (lower is better) a good tire, and a heavy throttle hand  :lol:

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Dad of racers

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:53 AM »
Luv the chains

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »
It's nice to know that when you get up in the morning, your bike will still be there  8-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Camo

• Dune Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 07:21:57 AM »
Years ago i saw a guy that had the coolest looking front tire on his cr500 at glamis. it looked like 2 razor backs glued together.  wider forks rim the works. Looked like it would keep the front tire from digging in. Has anyone ever seen anything like that before?

http://www.bykas.com/category-s/36.htm

I have one of his new front and rear set-ups... the old one was called a Fat Paddle dune bike but was not economical enough for the public to sell enough kits.

This is Bruce of bykas.com

http://www.bikes4cargo.com/UltimateDuneBike.html

2000 KX500
2004 KFX 800 Turbo Nitrous
2004 KFX 800 Nitrous
2006 KVF 730 Nitrous
2005 KVF 700
2011 KTM SX450F
2008 KTM SX 144
2007 KTM SX 85
2011 KTM SX 65
2007 KTM SX 50 Senior Pro
2004 Suzuki RM 65 (Kawie)
2008 Victory Hammer
2006 CBR1000

Offline mlstoner660

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:27:56 AM »
What do u think about that fat paddle set up? Does it hook up that much better than a regular paddle to make it worth what their  asking for the setup? I'm needing a new paddle for my bike I've got the kings Turbo right now but it spins to much off the line. Was thinking of ordering a 12 paddle dominator from skat trak. Just went through and had alot of work done to the motor and need the most traction I can get for drag racing. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.
minor set backs bring major come backs

Motorrad

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 07:38:18 AM »
What do u think about that fat paddle set up? Does it hook up that much better than a regular paddle to make it worth what their  asking for the setup? I'm needing a new paddle for my bike I've got the kings Turbo right now but it spins to much off the line. Was thinking of ordering a 12 paddle dominator from skat trak. Just went through and had alot of work done to the motor and need the most traction I can get for drag racing. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

where you located   i have a 12 cup viper  i am looking to part with

Offline DeadRinger

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:48 AM »

http://www.bykas.com/category-s/36.htm

I have one of his new front and rear set-ups... the old one was called a Fat Paddle dune bike but was not economical enough for the public to sell enough kits.

This is Bruce of bykas.com

http://www.bikes4cargo.com/UltimateDuneBike.html

I totally dig the ATC type tires on those bikes. I bet it really helps keep the front tire from digging in. That was the thing I hated most about riding in the sand on two wheels. Thanks for the pics. That bikes4cargo link seems to be dead.
This box should be one line.