Author Topic: American made tools  (Read 9044 times)

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
Re: American made tools
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 05:09:19 AM »
Nothing against the Chinese people.
They are certainly welcome to have a better life.
I do have something against Corporations that have abandoned their countries and their people that made their Corporation great just to turn a bigger profit.

well stated sandblaster, it is sure tough to find "made in usa" tools or anything else for that matter. i'm with you, i do not mind paying a little more to support an american worker and do my part to support our economy where i can. look around my home and you will find very few items made in america, however that is not due to lack of effort to find " made in usa". our government destroys our country from the inside out with their trade laws.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 05:14:46 AM »
It amazes me that every Country I sell to outside of the US has a tariff, tax, or import duty.
Yet, I buy stuff from around the world with no tariff, tax, or import duty.
What happened to fair trade?
The same thing that happened to all the jobs.... There was a huge sucking sound and all the jobs didn't go to Mexico, they went to China  :roll:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline DaveEngineering

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 06:27:46 AM »
I believe that Stanley, Black and Decker and Mac tools are still made in America, Connecticut is the main referenced that keeps popping up.
+1 Ride it like u stole it!

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:10 AM »
"Made in the USA" doesn't neccessarily mean made in the USA.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
i have a lot of snap on tools i have collected over the years my favorite are my old stuff about 25 yrs + spanners are much better than the set i got for work a few months ago . the old ones are alot thinner and much nicer to use ,sad to here its going aboad i always believed snap on were the "bench mark" of tools!!

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:26:18 AM »
i have a lot of snap on tools i have collected over the years my favorite are my old stuff about 25 yrs + spanners are much better than the set i got for work a few months ago . the old ones are alot thinner and much nicer to use ,sad to here its going aboad i always believed snap on were the "bench mark" of tools!!

companys are getting cheaper and cheaper to the point they make the absolute crappiest products ever.
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
I believe that Stanley, Black and Decker and Mac tools are still made in America, Connecticut is the main referenced that keeps popping up.

Double check that, I looked and cordless drills (Not hand tools) and not a single one of those companies made one in the USA  :cry:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline mdw471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
It really is getting tougher...

I have been wearing the same style of work boots for atleast 15 years. Ten years ago, the company started offering two versions of their most popular styles. They 'looked' the same, but one had a local flag on the tongue and was $5 more.

That is right....five lousy dollars and there were still guys in the store buying the red boots!

Sheesh.

Nowdays, the boot with the friendly flag is $20 more....guess how many more guys were looking at the red boots.

Selfishly, the US made boot had leather that was proudly tanned within 12 miles of the retailer and less than a mile from my house. It makes it even harder for me to come up with a better way to spend 20 bucks!

Mark
for more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike, www.wolbrinkrace.blogspot.com

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »
+1
Yet, for some guys, the 20 bucks may be the difference between making the bills and going 20 in the hole for the month, so I know there is a need for the cheap stuff.
I just want the choice to buy products made in the USA, Canada, or Europe.

Offline greencannon

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:09 AM »
these are just extremely tiny little fractions of evidence of what has been in the making and is to come on a worldwide scale......welcome to the New World Order....
am i crazy ??

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
Are you crazy?
Not from where I stand.

Offline jonny500

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »
these are just extremely tiny little fractions of evidence of what has been in the making and is to come on a worldwide scale......welcome to the New World Order....
am i crazy ??
if you are then i must be too

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
So, after all that research I settled on and bought a snap cordless drill that is listed on their website as made in America.
I received it today in the mail.
I opened it up.
The batteries are made in Japan (That's ok).
The charger is made in CHINA!!!!! (That stinks)
The drill is assembled in the USA (Don't know where the parts came from)
The plastic case..... That is made in the USA  Whoooohoooooo!!!!

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
So, after all that research I settled on and bought a snap cordless drill that is listed on their website as made in America.
I received it today in the mail.
I opened it up.
The batteries are made in Japan (That's ok).
The charger is made in CHINA!!!!! (That stinks)
The drill is assembled in the USA (Don't know where the parts came from)
The plastic case..... That is made in the USA  Whoooohoooooo!!!!

dont you hate when they make all the little pieces in MANY different countries and they all come to one place to get assembled?
really? how much more would it have costed to manufacture everything in the same plant?
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline greencannon

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 08:22:06 AM »
ok enough about the New World Order and secret societies....Im bound to get "whacked"  by someone in high places if I dont shutup....

Anyways, Feast your eyes on this boys!!  yup the original first year model 12v DeWalt cordless. I bought it new and used it for a cabinet making job I had way back. Im not sure of the exact age but somewhere around 15yrs ago. the charger is from a newer model because the original one got wet along the way. But the drill and battery packs are the originals and have by far outlasted three other much newer 14 and 18 volt Dewalt cordless drills I have had. The carry case is even made out of heavy steel. No "made in China" anywhere on this setup