Author Topic: El Mirage  (Read 2343 times)

Motorrad

El Mirage
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »
Just now starting to bounce the idea around.. and working through what it will take... But I believe El Mirage may be my next stop....  :evil:

http://www.scta-bni.org/ELMirage.html

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:14:45 PM »
That's what I'm talking about...  :evil:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline kx560

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
I got a few
Parts for ya!

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:15:38 PM »
El Mirage is a lot of fun. The lake bed is entertaining and it would be fun to see some KX500s run for speed. For me, I ran my bike on the lake bed when I first got it to test it out. My buddy was on a DR650 going around 90mph and I could pass him pretty easily with 15/45 gearing. Being a desert racer, I'm not too into running my bike on lake beds (I remember racing over Anderson and Soggy dry lakes out at Lucerne on my KX125 and KX250 and I used get bummed getting smoked by the big 4-Stroke 650s. Wouldn't be as likely with the ol' 5 hundie these days!), but I go riding out at El Mirage all of the time. Great terrain.

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
El Mirage is a lot of fun. The lake bed is entertaining and it would be fun to see some KX500s run for speed. For me, I ran my bike on the lake bed when I first got it to test it out. My buddy was on a DR650 going around 90mph and I could pass him pretty easily with 15/45 gearing. Being a desert racer, I'm not too into running my bike on lake beds (I remember racing over Anderson and Soggy dry lakes out at Lucerne on my KX125 and KX250 and I used get bummed getting smoked by the big 4-Stroke 650s. Wouldn't be as likely with the ol' 5 hundie these days!), but I go riding out at El Mirage all of the time. Great terrain.
Im in the same boat.. Being a desert racer myself, running up and down a lake bed doesn't seem like the most fun thing...   But I have been thinking t would be fun to drive up there and see what this old girl can do... As it's close to me and my father wants to run in the under 100cc pushrod class with his honda 90 motor from he'll he is building...

Offline mdw471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 01:39:59 AM »
After a day of listening to blown harleys and NoS busa, the KX5 sounds especially sweet!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mark

p.s. Really read and re-read the section of the rulebook regarding rider safety equipment. Specifically items like dampers, solid panel leathers, SNELL helmets. The bike prep is pretty easy and there are so many classes to run that the bike will sure to fit somewhere.

also... Just thought of one more thing to consider....pretty sure that you need to run tires that are rated equal to the record speed for the class you entered in, not the speed of your bike. Maybe run TO only?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:28:38 AM by mdw471 »
for more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike, www.wolbrinkrace.blogspot.com