Author Topic: Billet Top Triple Clamp  (Read 2438 times)

toddwunsch

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« on: May 24, 2004, 10:35:51 AM »
Does anyone know who makes a billet top triple clamp for a 2004 KX500 other than Scotts ?  I've tried Pro-Circuit, Pro-Taper, and Tag.  Can't find anything.  Applied just shows a picture of their clamp.  No model specs..

mjscore

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 12:35:26 PM »
BRP makes one

toddwunsch

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 04:34:31 AM »
Thanks !!  I talked to them today, they have the clamp and everything I need so my dampner still lines up.  In stock !!

toddwunsch

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 05:46:45 PM »
Got the BRP clamps (top and bottom), and everything fit great.  Those guys at BRP were wonderful.  After shipping the clamps (and a billet gas cap for my IMS tank), I started to put them up against my bike and realized that the BRP clamps did not have the mount for the brake cable router by the number plate.  I was bummed because I was slotted to ride the next morning.  I went to the local shop and they didn't have anything.  To my surprise, when I got home, there was a courier at my door with an envelope from BRP.  I contained an IMS brake cable router that you simply bolt onto the number plate.  WOW !!  I didn't even ask for that.  What a great outfit.  

Thanks for the reference to BRP.

Offline Ramski

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 06:12:46 PM »
Yes!!! Those BRP guys are awesome. They came through for me too. The IMS brake cable stay is perfect and will look a little better than the stocker anyway. Good luck with your bike.
Danny Lesovsky

mikesmith

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 08:01:17 AM »
Thats service!

Offline bigborefan

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 12:56:44 PM »
that's a nice lookin bike. how do you like the ty-davis tank?
2006 KTM 300XC
1994 KX 500 x 2
1991 KX 500
1988 KX 250

toddwunsch

Billet Top Triple Clamp
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 05:18:13 PM »
You know, Ty Davis fame to glory on his tanks are that they are custom designed by him, mfg by IMS, with the idea to keep the width of the tank as close to stock as possible while placing the additional fuel to the lower portions of the tank.  He went so far with the KX-500 that he designed a custom pipe, mfg by Flow, to replace the stock 500 pipe and that's where the additional gallon goes.  I ran this bike with both stock and Ty Davis, forth and back (keep in mind, it's impossible to go back and forth), and I could not tell the difference other than the Ty Davis tank is slightly higher than stock.  I love it.  I still can't get the range out of my bike that other's on this site claim.  So far, I can get about 70 miles on a moderate run.  I wish I could get more, but even on the Baja rides, that's plenty.  I carry 2 litres in my backpack so that extends the range about 13 miles.  I've done everything from gearing changes, torque spacers, power now, reed valve, racing fuel, forth and back.  And I can't get the range up..  Oh well....  Maybe I should slow down !! :-)