Author Topic: excess fuel coming out exhaust  (Read 2010 times)

Offline meangreen500

excess fuel coming out exhaust
« on: February 27, 2011, 04:13:47 PM »
I run redline 60 to1 mix with 100 oct fuel. Im running 48 pilot, 168 main stock needle. Im getting a lot of fuel oil spitting out the silencer. spark Plug is normal heat range. plug color is light tan looks like burning good. I cant figure out why it still is doing this. I was running 50 to1 and larger jets but I figured with going leaner and lowering the oil it would stop but no. The bike starts and runs great  plenty of power. I thought it may be it needs a mix of half 91oct and 100oct I figured you guys are good on here you might know. help :evil:

Motorrad

Re: excess fuel coming out exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
I run redline 60 to1 mix with 100 oct fuel. Im running 48 pilot, 168 main stock needle. Im getting a lot of fuel oil spitting out the silencer. spark Plug is normal heat range. plug color is light tan looks like burning good. I cant figure out why it still is doing this. I was running 50 to1 and larger jets but I figured with going leaner and lowering the oil it would stop but no. The bike starts and runs great  plenty of power. I thought it may be it needs a mix of half 91oct and 100oct I figured you guys are good on here you might know. help :evil:

what alitude...

at sealevel to about 2000ft... I have always run 55 or 58P    168m on a stock motor... (happy there)... at 40:1...    normaly mix 50/50 with C12 and prem pump fuel..

Proper Float level check... (external measurement, not just looking at float parralell) followed by....
Leakdown test im sure will reveal the anser your looking for as to why.......  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:29:19 PM by Motorrad »

Offline meangreen500

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
2400 to 4000 las vegas area. float height is good forgot to mention it. I was thinking it might not be burning the fuel good been doing alot of slow riding course marking for our race. 

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
When my head gasket blew it did the same thing.  Plug looked great, ran great, but it spit out the exhaust.  Swapped the head gasket and problem solved.  Something to look into I guess.
"Let there be light"