Author Topic: Mojave Winter Ride!  (Read 4141 times)

Offline blueoval

Mojave Winter Ride!
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Lot of good weather lately in California.  Yeah, we had a lot of rain, but still getting some pretty nice days to ride.  Oh, and a pic of the new street bike.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Kawasaki sure is lighting up the Supercross scene!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzwvTSt6EY
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: Mojave Winter Ride!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
 :-D
 Very Cool "T",Hope all is well.  It would appear things are working out, 8-)
    Your gonna need a shop pretty soon if you add anymore scooters to the stable!  Take Care,
  Tuck\o/ 

"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:17 AM »
Looks like a good place to ride.  Near the end of you video I could still hear what was going on but the video ended in a 5 frame loop that just played over and over.  Made it look like you were on an endless whoop section.
Is your camera a go-pro and what software are you using to down load and or edit?
Send that rain my way, 2010 was the 5th driest year here in OK. since the dust bowl.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:46:10 PM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:43:42 AM »
I'm hoping to get down to cali for some ridding soon. we need to hook up.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline blueoval

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:12:21 PM »
Anytime you want to come out BDI, just let me know and we will ride.  I sure would like to put a few miles on a 500 again and you can put some time on the 300xc!

Danger the last of the video is messed up and not sure why.  I just bought the HD GoPro Hero one week ago and that was the first time using it, so there is a learning curve.  The camera on my helmet during that recording is still pointing too far down - I must have tested and moved it up 10 times (it stays put when tightened down, so that wasn't the problem) thinking I had it right on.  As I've said a steep learning curve that takes a few hours and a couple of times using it.

I used "windows live movie maker" and, again, first time using that software.  The first DVD I made of the ride took many hours and it turned out black and white, so I had to redo it.  I've learned that the battery in the GoPro lasts about 2 hours and a 16GB memory card at 1080 high definition will last a little over 3 hours.  So, I've got (now for Fridays ride) 3 batteries and three 16GB cards.  When I change the battery at 2 hours I also will put a new memory card in as well.  That will give me over 6 hours of recording in 2 hour increments.  I've found that uninterrupted recording is easier for me to deal with when I get home and start editing.  I am going to try this out Friday.  I plan to do some single track and will post a little of the footage.  It will be completely different terrain yet still only about an hour from my house. 

I made the mistake of mounting the Camera to the side of the windscreen on the BMW and, since the windscreen is not "solidly fixed" and does a great deal of "micro flexing" the footage was shaking the whole time.  At least I hope that was the problem.  Will try again later this weekend regarding that deal. 

Offline blueoval

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
Here is a small piece of the single track in my area.  I have now started using Roxio to do my videos.  It was expensive, but pretty easy to use.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyFLJAeKkbs

Offline junk man

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
hey guys looks like some good spots. have you rode gorman / frazier park or balinger canyon area ? good on weekdays   

be safe JM

Offline streetsweeper

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:08:21 AM »
Hi blueoval, thanks for sharing the cool vids of some nice trail. Mojave winter rides are awesome. That KTM is very nice. How do you like Springville? The Ponderosa, great western divide hwy, Quaking Aspen,Cholollo, windy gap, Sherman Pass Rd, Troy Meadows, are some of the best. Hope to eventully meet and ride with you and JunkMan.

I attended the ama d-37 Seqouia scenic challenge dualsport ride a few years ago and had a blast. some how it got in my blood and im hooked.
Ruben C.