Author Topic: Frustrated! there has to be an answer- Sumo K5 front brake  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Dodd

Frustrated! there has to be an answer- Sumo K5 front brake
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
Ok- so I'm getting so close to getting my 91 K5 roadracer on the track. However, I can not find a caliper relocator bracket for a pre- 94 K5 to match my 320mm rotor. I've talked to machinists- but there has to be someone out there who has done this already. I can't get a set of 94+ forks because I've already got the wheels (axle fit) and I'm not sure if they (94+) will fit in my triple trees, plus $500 worth of suspension work done to the forks I've got.

I keep looking around and see that a Braking brand caliper would do what I need, but alas there is not a caliper relocator that will work- ANYWHERE. I can't be the only one in the US or world who has build a pre 94 KX5 road bike- can anyone help?

Motorrad

Re: Frustrated! there has to be an answer- Sumo K5 front brake
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
I seem to remember a few guys on supermotojunkie.com that had done it...

Ill go over there and see if I can find the info for ya..

Offline Dodd

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:08:16 PM »
Thanks- I hate to sound like a whiny bastard, but I've gotten so close after so much work and I'm not thinking or searching clearly.

Dodd

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
Thanks- I hate to sound like a whiny bastard, but I've gotten so close after so much work and I'm not thinking or searching clearly.

Dodd

Oh trust me. I went through alot trying to find the same thing you are looking for.. (I know I found the anser, but never followed through with it) as I converted the front end.