Author Topic: Not snowed in  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Not snowed in
« on: February 05, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »
Sand paddle tires make all the difference.  Any thing over 12 inches deep and I get stuck.  Some of the small hills in the trees were a problem but if I could go down them first going back up wasn't to bad.  Big Red doesn't do to well, pushes the front end, doesn't steer well. 

Click on the first pic it's video.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:59:04 AM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
Re: Not snowed in
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
Where's your helmet mister?... Safety first. Who would be able to run this place as well as you?

I've always liked 2 wheels over 4 but that does look fun. Makes me miss my Tecate KXT with the nasty 10 paddles lol

That is one of the cleanest Big Reds I've seen in a long time. Usually the racks are all bent up and the tank is smashed.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
 You know what they say,
You can't Keep a Good Man Down!
  \o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 04:18:05 AM »
Goat,
As we were taking pictures I told my brother "some sites won't let you post pictures if your not wearing a helmet."  Fortunately this site and the Great State of Oklahoma gives it's members and citizens the freedom to choose.  Sometimes I want to feel the wind in what hair I have left.  My head is hard and the snow was soft, does that count.  We did go down a few of the small hills in the woods and that's where it could happen very fast if we had slid into a tree.
But I do agree with you, I should be wearing a helmet.  It's rare that I'm NOT wearing a helmet.  I know stuff happens and a head injury can happen in the blink of an eye.  My brother came over to ride with me to a UFC pay per view watch party.  We went to the field to let the dog go to the bathroom because we would not be back till late.  I grabbed the camera as an after thought.

The Big Red is an outstanding example.  I found it in Wichita KS when I went up to buy my CR500A/F.  I had to have a 3 wheeler to fit in with a group of 3 wheeler riders I hang with once in a while.  I know how dangerous they are and that's why I got the utility 3 wheeler.  I justify it's purchase as a TOOL not a TOY.  That's what I told the wife.  She said OK but I don't think she bought the idea. 

People think 3 wheelers are outlawed.  They are not!  The (at the time) big 4 motorcycle manufacturers (Kawasaki,Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki)voluntarily removed them from the market before legislation became necessary  Here's a company that still manufactures them.
http://www.tpctrikes.com/index.html
KX 500 Rider

Offline alward25

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 06:21:36 AM »
The whole three wheelers are dangerous thing was a Barbara Walters knows best line of BS.  Because nobody ever got injured or died from cars, planes, 2 wheel, 4 wheel or anything else right.   Why is it that people with an ignorant big mouth in our country can sway the "learned" politician?
From Wikipedia:
"Since 1980, motorcycle ownership among riders aged 40 and over has increased dramatically, from 15.1 percent in 1980 to 43.7 percent in 1998. The mean engine displacement of the motorcycles involved in fatal crashes has also increased, from an average engine size of 769cc in 1990, to 959cc in 2001, an increase of 24.7 percent.

This combination of older riders on higher-powered motorcycles is partially responsible for a steady increase in motorcycle deaths from the late 1990s until 2004.

Half of motorcycle fatalities in single vehicle crashes relate to problems negotiating a curve prior to a crash?almost 60 percent of motorcyclist fatalities in single vehicle crashes occur at night."  2009  4,462 deaths

Yet they still sell them......  Motorcycles don't kill people,  car drivers do.  So what is my point? You can't protect people from making wrong decision. Be it riding experience or another driver that is not paying attention.  Every person that dies on a motorcycle dies doing something they love instead of in a car crash on the way to a job they hate.
"Let there be light"

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »
I fit that "older rider" demographic at almost 54.  I never owned anything over 450 until 2002 with a VTX1800.  I traded the VTX in '07 for a new KLR650.  All my close calls on my Concours that has the Ninja 1000 motor, have been car or corners or cars in a corner.  It's easy to run into a corner to hot.  In the tight twistys in Arkansas you meet cars on your side of the line all the time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:57:10 AM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

Offline Openclass

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 08:24:09 AM »
Thanks Danger for helping get my username back.

I would also fit that age bracket except I got hooked on the 500 in the early 90's.

Good to know that 3 wheels are not totally banned. There seems to be allot on the road, but not so many on the dirt these days.