Author Topic: A "super tracker" perhaps?  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Uncle pirate

A "super tracker" perhaps?
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »
 Hey.. Just curious...has anyone ran a motard using dual 19's? I am thinking it might prove to be a better handler while fire roading. Could run something akin to flat track tires and not have to mess with gearing- allowing one to refit back to stock setup for more pure off road adventures...just trying to keep the beast versatile . It so loves to plow earth!

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Re: A "super tracker" perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
Figured I would move our conversation away from the PowerDynamo/MZB so as not to hijack it! I was planning on 17's for mine. Keeping the 21/19 stock with knobbies so I can swap it back for dirt, but I suspect I will not take the 17's off once I have them on it. Got a good set of hubs to do up. Had not heard about them switching back to inspections here. Kind of doubt it, but will look into it for sure. The last KX5 I put a plate on all I had to do was tell (sign a paper) the licensing place I wanted plates and it had lights and they gave one to me! Could not have been easier.
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:04:48 AM »
What state are you in?
Ah, scratch that, Washington....
I wish it was that easy in Oregon  :-(
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Uncle pirate

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:54:51 AM »
Yeah the street legalizing rumor was just that...I don't have to go thru emissions as I'm on the peninsula...so it would just be dealing with DOL. I was thinking of dual 19's as a lot of the roads I like to travel distance on(around Lewis river) transition into old forest service with gravel/chip n seal surfaces...I also have a lingering plan to do a ride around the Wallowa Whitman area. A flat rack setup seems ideal for this app. But eventually I will prolly track down a set of 17s, but I'm kinda holding out till I find some mags I like....and will fit. First is fabbing reed spacer( I have an annoying habit of wanting to fab everything!) everything else on the bike has been gone thru...