Author Topic: KX250AF build  (Read 36655 times)

Offline stevea100m

Re: KX250AF build
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
Got the motor out of its old home and into its new one today. gotta do a little adjusting at the yoke area but now im waiting for my swingarm to show up so i know its centered. Once thats done I can get the rails from jfab and send the frame to the welder. Once the frames welded I'm going to rebuild the motor so I have a new motor in my new bike.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 06:01:47 PM »
Your making great progress.
I'm waiting for my rails before I can do much more.
Hurry Jerry, hurry... :-D
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 12:56:43 AM »
Im ordering my rails today hopefully caus im pretty much to that point

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 04:01:37 AM »
It may take Jerry a few days to get back to you but don't worry, he will  :-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:30 AM »
Well I got the shock linkage today so i can make sure the pipe is going to clear the shock but I'm still waiting for the swingarm to show up. It kinda sucks too as I have to go back up to college since school is starting next Monday. In the long run though it just means that I can get more stuff done on the weekends.

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
Well i cut about 1/4" more off the down tube and got alot more room near the cylinder head. Got the linkage on also today. Now im just waiting for the swing arm so i can center the motor left to right.

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 04:39:25 PM »
Okay guys since i got back this weekend I got quite a bit done. The swing arm and swing arm blot showed up but still no subframe so that pisses me off a little. I got the swing arm bolted up to the frame and checked the chain alignment to make sure all was square before made the measurements for the spacers in between the motor and the swing arm as the motor is skinnier than the swingarm opening. I still have not heard from Jfab as far as ordering some rails but once i get the rails it can go off to the welder to start making motor mounts and get this bike read for the track

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
I just went through the swing arm fiasco, you might want to check out what I did:
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,8351.0.html
Measurements will vary so don't trust mine  :-D

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 05:23:03 PM »
Well didnt have any parts to work on my bike this weekend but I got the airbox gas tank and rear shock on the way.  I am still waiting to hear from jerry on getting a set of rails. In the mean time i can get my airbox boot adapter plate made and get the motor mounts made so when the rails get here i can have those welded in at the same time.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
I got my rails from Jerry and they look marvelous!
I've been too busy with my shop but I'll toy with it this week  :-D

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 05:41:38 AM »
Well the subframe finally showed up today. After buying one on ebay and then having to draw a case against the seller and buying a different one, I finally got the subframe I needed. I only need to get a few more parts like the front and rear wheels, front suspension and radiators. I plan to put some seriouse time in on it this weekend to hope fully finish the motor fitment and then send it to the welder.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 05:45:40 AM »
Can't wait to see it.  :-)

Offline DAVIDBRAGI

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 06:13:09 AM »
nice job.....

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »
hi mate ,im doing similar 2008 kxf250 frame ,jan de groot kx250 grand prix engine if i remember correctly sprocket side spacer 9mm kickstart side 8mm i used a 17mm drill on the lathe and turned them down to 28mm used the old chain buffer on the swing arm for reference but will ping a lazer down the centre line before i weld it up ,i will check tommorow on the spacers with a vernier and let you know ! not sure what im going to do about the LH rad mount very tight to say the least on the rad , prob cut off and reweld on . ground the old tube out of the cast part of the frame still had to file down after the die grinder , jerrys rails fit atreat just got to trim down for lenth. ta jerry

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
Well I got the subframe and airbox in this weekend just to see how everything fits as of now. I ordered the 00 honda 250 airboot, it should be here this week along with my radiators, front forks and hopefully if i get ahold of jerry tomorrow then maybe my frame rails will be here by friday.