Author Topic: interchangable parts to fit 88 k5.  (Read 2036 times)

Offline tunster

interchangable parts to fit 88 k5.
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:43:28 AM »
well just started stripping my basket case motor and i dont think ive ever seen a motor so bad.The crank was full of water,piston cracked,but when i took of the clutch cover the whole basket is destroyed and big chunks of black plastic floating around everywhere! Oh well i guess thats why it was in bits! Will make interesting[and expensive rebulding by the look of it]?? :x
I was wondering if a 250 clutch is the same and from what years??

Offline jonny500

Re: interchangable parts to fit 88 k5.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:00:43 AM »
i think the 1990/91 250 basket is the same but the center and ring gear is different. i bought a mitaka basket for mine cost about ?100 and i gave it hell for about 4 hours and then the conrod bent. i got it off ebay from motor sport services.
not been in the work shop to day to check the sub frames (got the lurgy) will be in there before the weekend is out
by the way where in the country are you

Offline tunster

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
im in buxton derbyshire.Going to need afew bits and bobs for this project but obviously want to get the motor sorted first and a decent subframe.

Offline jonny500

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
i have quite  alot of stuff for those kx's. i break mx bikes as a bit of a side line but dont like to use this site for bissiness as thats not what it is for. i will pop a photo of the best sub frame i have on here today or tomorrow :-D

Offline tunster

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:17:43 PM »
ok jonny thanks.