Author Topic: On the subject of race gas  (Read 4917 times)

Motorrad

Re: On the subject of race gas
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
I havnt noticed any performance difference between c12 and 100ll.  Cept more lead on the plug and more octane with the c12. (c12 has tons more lead than 100ll). 

The reason I love non oxy fuel is it's shelf life... With as many bikes as I have. The oxy fuel gunks Carbs I can't ride enough to keep em all from sitting some.. And I ride every day... 
Unless your out for every last bit of HP I think non oxy is your friend...

And my pump fuel isn't as bad as ur corn crap  back east.  But still California fuel
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:34:06 PM by Motorrad »

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 04:32:01 PM »
I am thinking VP's C10 now for this build, I know I can get it now and I like it's stats. =

Clear fluid
96 motor octane (plenty for this bike!)
104 Reserch octane
R+M/2 : 100
Non-oxy'd
unleaded
NO Ethonol
NO MTBE

Nothing you don't need,Just good ol' 96 Octaine gasoiline like granny used to make! :-D thats what I been lookin for just didnt look hard enough.

Offline SMPKX500

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
I have been using 100LL for some time and really like it. Eazy to get and smells great. Plus when I pull the head its clean. No cokeing like pump gas.

Also with the stock compression I can use pump gas in a pinch. :-)
500cc Thumper Smackdown!

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 08:29:36 AM »
So I talked to the dude doing my engine and told him I want to run C10. He said he was going down south and he would pick it up for me, so I told him to get me 5gal. for starters. Went in the other day to see how things were going and he told me my fuel was in the corner, as I look over there he says "They were out of C10 so I got you C12."  :?  :?  Well C10 is 96 motor Oct. Unleaded, C12 is 108 motor Oct. ! AND LEADED! NOT the SAME! He could instantly see the disapointment in my face and quickly said "Well I would mix it 50/50 with pump gas anyway, the suffs not cheap." That totally defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do! NO ETHONOL! AND as far as not being cheap, what do I do with 5gal. of fuel I don't want to use. :? But it doesn't mater I called the VP dis. in Maine and they will take the C12 back and get my C10 on order. I will just pick it up myself from now on. The VP guy asked me when I told him what happend, why I don't want to run leaded? I told him this bike was never meant to be run on leaded gas so why run it? All I want is a reliable replacement to crap pump gas. C10 is the closest thing I have found.  :wink:

VP C10= Clear, 96 motor Oct., non oxy(no ethonol), unleaded, no MTBE  :-D

Offline awak100

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 10:58:17 AM »
I hillclimb quite a bit and have my bike compresstioned up.  I use torqueco,  Comes in a qt can about 10oz to 5 gal,  Ive tryed more then that and its to hot, the bike starts sputtering farting and carrying on.  10 oz