Author Topic: Crazy Al Racing's Powerdynamo Ignition/Lighting System.  (Read 160981 times)

Offline don46

Re: Powerdynamo MZB ignition/ 100 watt lighting kit.
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 08:59:52 AM »
You are a brute, I'm too much of a wimpt to ride when its cold, I have a hard time convincing myself to ride my snowmobile when its to cold, I have become a fair weather rider bike and sled, must be a sign of age.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 02:57:33 PM »
Hey Alex.......did I mention how much the MZB rocks!!  My bike runs smoother than a babies behind wearing a silk diaper. :-D
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »
Just went back through this thread to see what battery you guys are running. I looked at a few different ones today, but was not happy with the size. I guess I could run without, but I think it would be better to at least have a small amount of battery back up. Thought it was discussed, but maybe a different thread?
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline alward25

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »
Where would you like to mount it?  I will see what I can find.

Alex

Just went back through this thread to see what battery you guys are running. I looked at a few different ones today, but was not happy with the size. I guess I could run without, but I think it would be better to at least have a small amount of battery back up. Thought it was discussed, but maybe a different thread?
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 07:31:42 PM »

im running a baja designs  style pack.   (not one of theirs though. there is better ones).

its pretty much a 10 pack of AA batts.    rechargable of course (NIMH)..    very small.. and works for what I do.

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
Found the thread. It is a small sealed lead acid battery. I looked at one like it today and will probably pick one up tomorrow. Thanks though! Been hard to find moto-vation this year. All my projects are waiting for me to get them done...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:34:22 PM by Brute »

Offline alward25

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »
New tax season price! Price good through August!  Let's get the night or street lite up!!!

Alex
"Let there be light"

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Re: Powerdynamo Ignition/ 100 watt lighting kit.
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
All work stopped on the KX5 last month as I was getting the wife's track bike prepped and ready to go. Then a "friend" gave me a 1982 KX1100 that had the Mikuni 34's on it that I wanted for my 1979 KZ1000. Then I noticed the back steps to the yard were rotting out. Then... I may get back to it this year!

Offline NCwoods

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »
How is this better than a stock ignition? I don't doubt that it is, but can someone explain it scientifically? What makes it generates more spark power, what makes it more realiable? I thought stock systems are supposed to be pretty good? This is half the price of stock parts, I'm not interested in lights yet, but maybe a fan. I had a new in box cdi be the root of my problems, and I am looking for an upgrade, just seeing if this was it?

Tanks.

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2013, 06:12:51 AM »
PM sent to you Alward
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline alward25

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2013, 06:39:21 AM »
How is this better than a stock ignition? I don't doubt that it is, but can someone explain it scientifically? What makes it generates more spark power, what makes it more realiable? I thought stock systems are supposed to be pretty good? This is half the price of stock parts, I'm not interested in lights yet, but maybe a fan. I had a new in box cdi be the root of my problems, and I am looking for an upgrade, just seeing if this was it?

Tanks.

PM sent
Thanks
"Let there be light"

Offline RPMWFO

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
PM sent on pricing and availability.

Offline alward25

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
Thanks, PM sent
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
Thanks, PM sent

Pm sent on how fawking awesome mzb is for the pricing

Offline skunkworks

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2013, 05:49:26 AM »
alex.. what batt are you running in your bike?

I just stumbled across this while looking for the smallest option for mine..

http://www.solomotoparts.com/Ballistic-Battery-EVO-2-50-Lithium-.5-lbs-Scooter/?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&zmam=92312807&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=48291&gclid=CLDtl42y568CFQkEQAodEFCaLg

sorry i just got on this !!! DO NOT BUY A BALLISTIC BATTERY UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING STRANDED....FAR FROM HOME......TWICE.