Author Topic: Crazy Al Racing's Powerdynamo Ignition/Lighting System.  (Read 160984 times)

Motorrad

Re: Powerdynamo MZB ignition/ 100 watt lighting kit.
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
Yup, That is the new one.  Looks sweet!!!!

d**n... wish I had one of those.

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2013, 07:57:26 AM »
Dig this! Perfect fit! The lower bracket ear just clears the upper radiator mount. If the regulator ever got loose it would be blocked from falling off by it. Nice! Regulator fits right in the supports for the old EFI. Could put in another screw if I want. Forks clear. I am happy. I will mount the battery in foam under the head mount bracket, leaving the air box open for the deep breathing cylinder. I am going to remount the coil/EFI unit as I am just not happy with the room it has or the bracket the way it is now.

Pulled my duel headlight Acerbis out and it is NOT a DOT approved one. CRAP! Looks like I will be buying an enduro kit from ProCycle and keeping my flush mount turn signals for another bike. Yes, I am over my 'funk'.  :evil: At least for now!  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:03:05 AM by Brute »
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline alward25

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »
I like it!!!!!!
"Let there be light"

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
Chuck Norris produces 100 watts of power by rubbing his hands together for warmth....... :-D

By the way, I'm still in love with my MZB.........Those who ride my bike all say "I can't believe how crisp and perfect the power is"....
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2013, 02:40:02 PM »
Chuck Norris died in this weeks holocaust  :-P

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
Chuck Norris died in this weeks holocaust  :-P

When Chuck Norris dies, he does it to go to hell to pick a fight and to go to heaven to give advice to the big guy...... :-D
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »
Chuck aside  :-o  I finally got the Hot Tweezers, Soldering Station and Heat Gun out today and wired the MZB/PD unit up. Thinking I will make a mount on the front forks and put the little battery behind the front headlight unit. Happy with it so far. Next is all the turn, tail, brake wiring and parts. Well, got to order them first! Doing a refi on the house, so may wait until that is done. New 42.5* bracket I made for the coil/EEC unit gives me 1/4" on both sides under the tank. I am happy!

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2013, 03:22:48 AM »
Lookin good......is there any reason you made that bracket instead of mounting directly to the stock mounting area?

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2013, 05:15:12 AM »
I tried bending the bracket on the coil/EEC unit and did not get enough clearance under the stock tank to make me happy. The bracket seemed pretty soft so I was worried about it moving and wearing on the tank. Put a heat sink between the unit and the new bracket and spot welded it to a cut and trimmed piece off an old BBQ, letting it cool between welds. Nice and solid now. May cut the bottom off later as it is a little long, or just may leave it.  :-P  Was going to run the lighting wires on the other side but am not sure now. May not look like this when it is done and done.

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »
When will they be making these to the 250's?
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline alward25

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 03:49:34 AM »
Just need some parts to see if we can make it happen.  LH case half and LH crank half.
"Let there be light"

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 05:09:40 AM »
Just need some parts to see if we can make it happen.  LH case half and LH crank half.

I wonder if someone in here has something they can donate.... I would love to have this kit for my 2004 KX 250.... I like running heated grips and lights...
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 05:53:52 AM »
I'm all out.....  :cry:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline don46

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »
So, the problem as I see it, the late model KX's have a 3d ignition and that is what contributes to the performance. it would be expensive to change over to something like the MZB. if you were willing to give up some performance you could use an ignition off a KDX 250, or the older Tecate 250 3 wheeler, it would be everything flywheel, stator, cdi, wiring, the whole thing.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »
So, the problem as I see it, the late model KX's have a 3d ignition and that is what contributes to the performance. it would be expensive to change over to something like the MZB. if you were willing to give up some performance you could use an ignition off a KDX 250, or the older Tecate 250 3 wheeler, it would be everything flywheel, stator, cdi, wiring, the whole thing.

I guess I'll see how well the steelie stator works out. I need it most just for heated grips
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster