Maintenance & Technical > KX500 Original

Jetting!!! Again and again and again!

(1/120) > >>

gowen:
Well, I've never been more happy with the 5hunny, she runs like a bat from hell and nothing is touching her. I'm using Spirits from BP (100octane), I also use C12 when available. Runs great! No surging or pinging (MUCH with 100 BP, none with C12).

Here is my complant, when trail riding and not running WFO all the time, it smokes like crazy! Usally 0-1/4 throttle , sometimes 1/4-1/2. Rarely wideopen. Can somebody post what has helped for them, as in, sea level running in 60-90 degree weather. It just feels mushy in the low-end, as in smokeing and just popping. I really wish I could just hire somebody to jet it correctly.

Aside from smoking, it runs great! Eats tires BAD, but runs great!

Thanks guys!

kawdude:
I'm suffering from similar issues except mine is real clean on top.  I be watching this post intently.

Paul:
Starting Point

You guys EVER gonna figure out the search function at the top of the forums?  :lol:

kawdude:

--- Quote from: Paul ---Starting Point

You guys EVER gonna figure out the search function at the top of the forums?  :lol:
--- End quote ---

The search function is a wonderful tool and the jetting chart is great.  But neither have helped and I like to keep the experts on their toes.   :!:

I have searched and found excellent information but not complete information just pieces here and there.  As far as the chart goes, it's only a starting point and I'm past that point but only because of the excellent information attained here.

Paul:
Ok then, here goes...

If you're lean on top go to the next size main jet. I use a 178 @ ~ 2000' above sea level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version