Author Topic: Building a new shop.  (Read 52749 times)

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: Building a new shop.
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 05:36:23 AM »
 Coming along nicely Blaster  :-D
   I hope you have to build two more!  How many folks wished they were able to find a niche market like yours and actually
be able to make a good living at it...not to say its easy, I'm sure there are plenty of long days and midnight oil...
    Keep the Faith!
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline BasketCase

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 07:45:05 AM »
Hard work no doubt, its great to see someone who is expanding when everyone else is downsizing...Good on ya Sandblaster.
Nitrous is like a hot chic with STD's , you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »
Thanks guys.
Your right, it is a LOT of work with very long hours.
But, what else am I going to do? Go back to Engineering wood products processing equipment?
There's an expanding market  :-D
1-7-11
Let there be light!
After that he saw that the light was good....
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »
Thanks guys.
Your right, it is a LOT of work with very long hours.
But, what else am I going to do? Go back to Engineering wood products processing equipment?
There's an expanding market  :-D
1-7-11
Let there be light!
After that he saw that the light was good....

Very nice work there!... 
Going along ALOT faster than mine did.. (I spent 3 hours every night after work with a shovel digging my foundation, as I didnt have the money to rent a bobcat or help..)
Just remember what I learned... No matter how big your garage.. You WILL fill it..

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
Are you kidding???
I calculated my inventory and it's already too small  :x
The city would only let me build it as large as what I did.
When I get all of the second floor done later this summer I should be about even.
Then I have to look at another building  :-o
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
1-11-11
We are suppose to have our under ground water storage tank this weekend.
If it gets here on time my contractor thinks it will be 2 weeks from that before we are done.
Then we will see how long it takes the city to let me in.....

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2011, 03:23:37 AM »
Looks sweet. I need one that size with bigger overhead doors so I can actually pull my truck in to work on it out of the cold. I would so live upstairs. Screw havin a house lol.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 03:32:37 AM »
As I was taking out a loan against my house to build this shop my wife asked right in front of the load officer, "What happens if we can't make the payments on the house?" (After 26 years of marriage I still have no idea what she is thinking)
My reply with a smile was, "We can always live in the shop."
As a side note, that door is big enough to take most full size trucks.
We could only build it so tall without interfering with our second floor :-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:34:08 AM by sandblaster »

Offline Goat

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 03:40:25 AM »
As I was taking out a loan against my house to build this shop my wife asked right in front of the load officer, "What happens if we can't make the payments on the house?" (After 26 years of marriage I still have no idea what she is thinking)

LOL! As it sits right now my truck is 7'6" tall and getting taller this summer. Putting on 2"-4" more inches of lift and 40"-44" tires unless one of my friends cons me into going with bigger tires.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 05:03:15 AM »

LOL! As it sits right now my truck is 7'6" tall and getting taller this summer. Putting on 2"-4" more inches of lift and 40"-44" tires unless one of my friends cons me into going with bigger tires.
you just need some little rollers like the little tires they use to transport monster trucks. my dad had a truck with 2 foot lift a 44's and he would pull valve cores out and pull it in the garage on flats. it would rust rub the seal on the garage door on its way in.

sandblaster the shop is looking sweet.
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline jbersano

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 05:57:18 AM »
Hi Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember me????? Juan Manuel Bersano! (Buenos Aires, Argentina) I bought several things! I will contact you ... I need anothers!. GREAT PLACE! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how are you after the fall? perfect?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:13:36 AM by jbersano »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:20 AM »
Hi Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember me????? Juan Manuel Bersano! (Buenos Aires, Argentina) I bought several things! I will contact you ... I need anothers!. GREAT PLACE! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how are you after the fall? perfect?

Thanks!
I have healed up about as good as it's going to get.
I can ride so that's good enough for me.
If you need other parts, shoot me an email and remind me who you are.
I will take care of you  :-o
Thanks again!

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2011, 08:27:14 AM »

7'6" no problem.
Any taller and we would have to modify.  :-D
Bigger tires?
Why not, it's only money  :lol: :lol:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »

you just need some little rollers like the little tires they use to transport monster trucks. my dad had a truck with 2 foot lift a 44's and he would pull valve cores out and pull it in the garage on flats. it would rust rub the seal on the garage door on its way in.

sandblaster the shop is looking sweet.

Thanks, we should be in by the middle of Feb.
Probably will have a private party with my friends.
If your in the area look us up  :-o

Offline Goat

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »

7'6" no problem.
Any taller and we would have to modify.  :-D
Bigger tires?
Why not, it's only money  :lol: :lol:

I was originally going no bigger than 37" military OZ tires. Met a guy from greatlakes4x4.com and he hooked me up with my 38.5x16x16.5 TSL's on the rims I needed for the price of 2 new ones. They had almost 3/4 tread which is almost an inch deep lol. He is currently looking for some 42" TSL's or Iroc's for me. My exhaust stacks are getting put in this weekend. I'll have to post some pics once I'm done with those.

What kind of heat are you going to run in your shop? Or does it even get cold enough there for heat? How's progress?