Author Topic: finally got it all jazzed up  (Read 2991 times)

Offline seff23

finally got it all jazzed up
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »
so i finally got around to buying a new graphics kit and a new set of fenders and i just wanted to share, all my friends ride yamaha's so i get no love from them so i figured i'd share a pic with people who appreciate a good looking kawasaki...lol

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: finally got it all jazzed up
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 05:47:24 PM »
Nice.
I just did the rear fender mod two weeks ago.
It's amazing how much the looks changed.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:13:02 PM »
dont be too hard on your mates, we cant all be perfect.besides, we need fodder for roosting and if they were kwak mounted that would be friendly fire.stupid phrase, no fire is friendly. :evil:
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline martinfan30

• 2000 KX500
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 02:45:09 AM »
NICE!

How well did the graphics stick to the natural tank? I wasn't sure if some would stick to mine. Seems the fuel leeches through the plastic and makes sticking decals to it a difficult job...
2000 KX500
2005 XR650L

Neither are stock, and both are great desert bikes.

Offline seff23

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
NICE!

How well did the graphics stick to the natural tank? I wasn't sure if some would stick to mine. Seems the fuel leeches through the plastic and makes sticking decals to it a difficult job...

they seem to stick pretty good they've only been on for 2 rides but so far so good

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »
NICE!

they seem to stick pretty good they've only been on for 2 rides but so far so good

On some other thread I read that if you buy perforated decals they stay on much longer since the vapors have a place to exit.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline seff23

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 06:10:40 AM »
NICE!

On some other thread I read that if you buy perforated decals they stay on much longer since the vapors have a place to exit.

yeah the ones i got are perforated, they're the factory effects evo 7 graphics