Author Topic: underslung Millet sm pipe  (Read 12622 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
underslung Millet sm pipe
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
Just found a rare Millet pipe and snapped it up quick.These were very expensive in their day (like $850 expensive, ouch), and have many fans.It is a top end pipe, but doesn't follow the usual routing.Instaed of the usual loop near the stator, it does the same thing but on the right hand side, before snaking under the bike and exiting beside the swing arm on the left hand side, like half  a 350 Yam.Looks pretty funky.If there's enough interest, I might be persuaded into passing it to a suitable member to copy, and sell to members on here at a much cheaper than original cost.I'm not interested in making any money on it, was thinking they should be sold at cost plus a reasonable profit to whoever makes them.This might seem a bit strange but they are so rare many of us would never have the chance of having/trying one, but if we can make this work if you want to, everybody wins.
Will post some pics asap.K.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:10:29 AM by kwakman »
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: underslung Millet sm pipe
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:44:43 AM »
If you could post pics of the pipe as well as show how it mounts to the bike so we can see the routing that would be very interesting.
Thanks!
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06:46 AM »
  Great Idea Special K, 8-)
 Anyone out there know anything about making dies??
   Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:38:42 AM »
about 8k

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 08:50:20 AM »
Will post pics as soon as I recieve it.Has to come to england from france, so a week or so.If you want to have a look sooner, do a worldwide ebay search for item no. 3504 0402 7540. Dont know what ground clearance will be for mx use, my guess would be not brilliant, but for road or sm it should be bangin.Dont know about doing it by dies as this would be costly, maybe doing it like a patchwork quilt or strips welded like they used to do in the 70s?
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »
that pipe is definately one of a kind.  I'd like to hear how it performs, once you try it out.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »
Apart from the custom pipes like on Roostd's bike, I've never seen anything like it.Took me 5 minutes to work out how it fits as its difficult to tell on a 2D photo.Feel like a kid at christmas.Muuuuuuuummmm, is he coming tonight? Tomorrow? Yesterday? postie wants to hurry up or i'm leavin the mutt outfront with no breakfast.That'll teach him.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 06:25:51 AM »
Did you get it out of france with a alu gas tank??

Dutch
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
Yeah, it came from france but I havent bought the tank yet.I will if its still there next week.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
I was in de market to buy the same pipe and the tank as well.
The combo was an bargen, but wanted to have it for less. Looks like you've beet me. :-D :-D

Tell us how it works

Dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »
You wanted it for less? He practically gave it to me.....You drive a hard bargain sir :-)
I'm willing to have the pipe copied or will measure so you can get one made yourself though, so all is not lost.i got it for a bargain price, and would like to ''give a bit back'' as it were to other members, so as soon as it arrives we will have to sort something out...K.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:02:27 AM by kwakman »

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
You wanted it for less? He practically gave it to me.....You drive a hard bargain sir :-)
I'm willing to have the pipe copied or will measure so you can get one made yourself though, so all is not lost.i got it for a bargain price, and would like to ''give a bit back'' as it were to other members, so as soon as it arrives we will have to sort something out...K.
this is a true kxriders friend willing to go the extra mile to give back.  Glad to see there are people out there willing to help others.  after all, isnt this what we joined for in the first place.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:51:43 PM »
My pleasure Roost, good fortune is for sharing. :wink:

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »
I think you always must bid less than they asking. Even if it's a low price.
If you don't try, you'll never know. :-)

Im glad it's gone to a true kx fan. If you would like to make a drawing or so, that would be great.
It wasn't that I needid that pipe. Just looked intresting to have.
I was gone gut it in pieces to fit it to my AF if posseble.
Maybe It's good it landed to you, else it could be that this pipe endid as scrapmetal :|

Thanks Kwakman :-D

Dutch
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 04:02:26 AM »
I did need it.sold my gnarly nearly 2 yrs ago to a member and money has been that tight that I couldnt afford the planned replacement.will post plenty of pics and the measurements so if you want to have one made you can.I'm probably gonna need to buy and stash parts for the next 6 months now before i put the beast back together, but the ball is rolling now and gathering momentum all the time.Sorted.K.