Author Topic: pre mix oil  (Read 4983 times)

mikesmith

pre mix oil
« on: February 28, 2003, 10:18:40 PM »
What kind of mix oil are you using,and why do you like to use that brand?Im just wondering what your thoughts are.Im running castor 927 at 40-1,thanks.

Z1R

Motul @ 40:1
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 12:25:47 AM »
I Use Motul 600 @ 40:1 with 92 octane pump gas.

This was recomneded to me by my dealer who reported that they have seen some really clean top ends when it comes time to work on Dirtbikes that have been using Motul.

1)  My dealer has been really good to me.
2)  I have realized that other 2 stroke oils are much easier to obtain and his backing up of this product isn't just for ease of selling it or stocking it.
3) I spent too much time in my youth decarbonizing simpler iterations of the KIPS valves to simply revert back to products I had purchased in the pasts.

I sometimes miss the smoke and the smell of good old castor based products like Klotz BeNOL though...

Anyway, when I replaced my stock pipe I grabbed a penlight and took a look at the top end through the exhaust outlet and it was VERY clean.  I guess this is how a proctologists feels.

As for the quality of the castings I saw...well that is a concern for another day.

mjscore

premix oil
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 01:37:16 AM »
I use Redline full synthetic racing oil mixed at 40:1 with 92 octane. I was told it was better on the reeds and carburator to prevent them from getting gummy

Offline beastrider500

pre mix oil
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 05:17:15 AM »
I use Amsoil 100:1 synthetic mixed at a 50:1 ratio with 92 octane pump gas. It came recommended by a trusted friend with years of riding experience. Seems to work good so far so I'll stick with it for now.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'   Homer Simpson

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
pre mix oil
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 01:50:03 PM »
Hmmm, all good choices in oils, I prefer the Maxima Super M. It is a low ash formula that provides outstanding protection, doesn't gum up the rings or powervalves like a Castor based product does and it has the Maxima PVC component in it, Power Valve Cleaner. Topend and power valves were extremely clean the last time I put a topend in the bile.

ShanMan

pre mix oil
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 02:04:40 PM »
While new to the KX500 frey, I was told by the previous owner of my bike That the Maxima Super M was the best stuff...period. He must know something, because the bike is an '87 with only one rebuild on it, and the thing simply flies! Tight as a drum, no leaks, no smoke, fast starts and crisp carburetion too. By the way, he also suggests a full synthetic like Mobile 1 for the crank case.  :D

Offline KXcam22

pre mix oil
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 01:33:17 PM »
2-stroke oil is kind of like religion. Once you find one that works you hestitate to switch.  I have been running Belray MC1 since 1979.  Used 85:1 (recomended) in those days and got 52 MX races on my '79 400 Maico on one top end.  Cool.  Having had no oil related failures since then has made me an extreme Belray fan (maybe too extreme..where did all my friends go?).   I am now using the H1-R at 60:1. There are lots of great oils out there but I have no plans to switch. Belray forever. Cam.

Offline demographic

pre mix oil
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 05:48:51 AM »
Silcolene Comp 2 :)

NastyNick

pre mix oil
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 06:36:49 AM »
I'm using Belray H1-R @ 50:1 on my '93 K5.  This winter i'll tear the top-end down again (like last winter) and see how it looks.

Sharc

pre mix oil
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 08:08:55 AM »
Golden Spectro 50:1...Premium unleaded.
Great lube, a little more carbon build up than most I think, but I run my jetting slightly rich.

Sharc

pre mix oil
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 08:10:02 AM »
What about Maxima 927...? Love the smell, but does it gum up power valves...?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
pre mix oil
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 08:14:39 AM »
Quote from: Sharc
What about Maxima 927...? Love the smell, but does it gum up power valves...?

Not to mention the diamond hard carbon in the ring grooves and powervalves...  :roll:

kawdude

pre mix oil
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 05:08:39 PM »
Maxima Super M because Rick said to use it!  MTL in the tranny...again because Rick said so.  Jumping off cliff because Rick said so...oops wait a minute!!!

mikesmith

pre mix oil
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 09:50:53 PM »
Kawdude,thats funny!

toddwunsch

pre mix oil
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 05:39:26 PM »
I started with Maxima and switched later to BelRay.  50:1 with VP 110.  I've never run anything but VP110 in my bike.  I think I made the switch because the BelRay was more available in the shops that I purchase from.  The only difference that I noticed is that the bike seems to start easier on the BelRay...  Maybe I'm just kicking harder :-)