Author Topic: Air Filter  (Read 9011 times)

teamgreen500

Air Filter
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 03:22:26 PM »
Now I'm scared....

Manny

kawdude

Air Filter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 03:50:04 PM »
Actually, it wasn't the stack that melted it was the upper barrel.  We were young and liquored up and didn't notice the barrel glowing orange.  Those were the days!!!

Rick

Air Filter
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 02:30:48 AM »
Now that's why I opted for forced air electric heat in my shop.  This way, I can use all kinds of flamable substances without the risk of an open flame making things interesting.  Don't need an unexpected barbequed KX...

Rick

fast500#12

Air Filter
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 05:29:18 PM »
i wish that k&n made one i would use it along with a filter skin. i don't like foam

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Air Filter
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2004, 06:36:41 PM »
They do but it's a pod and you can't run the airbox with it. My brother on law has/had one on his CR500 with a filter skin. He's since gone back to the UNI for ease of maintenance and the performance wasn't any different.

mikesmith

Air Filter
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2004, 09:35:47 PM »
If you drop your bike in a creek you can squeeze out the water from a foam filter,not a K&N.

fast500#12

Air Filter
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 06:00:36 PM »
i wanna get rid of the air box any way. some high velocity swinging gets the water out. i try and stay out of the water as much as possible i have seen too many cracked cases from things like that.

teamgreen500

Air Filter
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 04:37:08 PM »
LMAO! :lol:  Are you serious? Somebody's GOT to be pulling my chain!

Get rid of the Air-Box and run a K&N Gauze?

LMFAO!
 :P
As for water...go talk to Rick...he hasn't cracked a case yet and I've had a couple of neat "Under-Water" experiences during "Spring" races up here!

Manny

mikesmith

Air Filter
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2004, 07:15:50 PM »
I wont laugh,but you know with out an air box your K&N filter will be covered with so much dirt it will breath less air than the stock set up and I would think it would be easier to suck dirt or foul a plug with that set up.

fast500#12

Air Filter
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 06:33:38 PM »
im talking three wall not completly gone. i know that with nothing at all it would pick up more crap than you could imagine. i want to make some sort of shroud to protect it form every thing coming off  the rear tire. when i finish i'll take some pictures and show you what i'm talking about. every one is intitled to there own opinion so laugh if you wanna you'll get the picture when its done. oh and why doesn't my signature show up on my messagesi have it selected.

mikesmith

Air Filter
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2004, 07:20:32 AM »
Well if every one stuck to the norm we'd all be riding the same bike,so its good to experiment!

teamgreen500

Air Filter
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2004, 07:38:49 AM »
Hey,

You've got to have sense of humor...

When you said,"I wanna get rid of the air box anyway", well, I had visions of the crustyazzdusty filters from hell that've come outta my bike.

That's all.

I've seen the guys at Kawi just throw them away sometimes because they're just too ugly to clean. You know, the kind of "Dirty" that makes your bike run like a KLX110 :oops:

Manny

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

Air Filter
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2004, 03:02:30 PM »
we dirt drag and sand drag here 400 ft. and 300 ft. respectively and i use k&n only.the largest one to fit inside frame rails or an angle one to stick out a little.the larger the better.they flow better.will post some pic's.first race is this sunday.just my 2 cents.