Author Topic: World's Fastest Dirt Bike - Salt Teaser  (Read 1906 times)

Offline mdw471

• Wolbrink Race
World's Fastest Dirt Bike - Salt Teaser
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
Hey All

First off.....this website and the people involved are a really great. If it wasn't for this forum, the W'sFDB would not be having the success of the past couple of years and it wouldn't be nearly as much FUN! Thank You.

Secondly, I really wanted to share this link to our initial report from Bonneville with all of you. More stories and photos will follow including some onboard video shot with a GoPro HD!

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/09/world%e2%80%99s-fastest-dirt-bike-%e2%80%93-update-from-bonneville/

Basically, we bettered our salt speed to just over 120. Even though I have riden the bike faster, we were running closer to our record speeds than anyone else! We left with the same number of records that we showed up with.  :wink:  A guy with a drop dead beautiful, kx450f powered, fully faired MotoOne track bike got a 119 something. I think the closest anyone else got to our paper was just a nick over a ton.

For those keeping score at home...I rode the MX bike with full height suspension & front fender, unmodified/stock carb & airbox, and an honest 499cc. We tried a PC pipe with a Kawi can this year....the only acceptable / legal modification allowed in the production engine class.

It almost goes without saying, but once again Stewart's motor ran like a raped ape. I tried to keep myself awake driving home by guessing how many miles this bike has been ridden at WFO...all without a hick-up. Thanks to the Digatron, I can prove these were solid runs with the EGT parked in the 1180's. I also have to mention World Wide Bearings!!! Their name says bearings, but they are really selling 'free' horsepower and m.p.h.'s !!

Two years ago when this project started all the plastic stacked in the corner of my garage was blue....now everything is a lovely bright green!

Thanks Again,

Mark

p.s. Sometimes it seems like the post race trash is crazier than getting ready to leave....I still have a bunch of follow up to do and DoldGuy's stuff is at the top of the list! I haven't forgotten about you.
for more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike, www.wolbrinkrace.blogspot.com

Offline sbtwo

Re: World's Fastest Dirt Bike - Salt Teaser
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »
I heard you have videos.  We want to see.

Offline dirtjunkie85

Re: World's Fastest Dirt Bike - Salt Teaser
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:03 AM »
I just love that the factory built 450 dragster couldnt hang with the old ktm 495 or the kx5 two strokes for life baby!