Author Topic: 1/2 Backflip not recomended!  (Read 3045 times)

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

1/2 Backflip not recomended!
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »
To everyone that I have not responded to or pissed off, I would like to offer my apologies. 8 weeks and 2 days ago I was riding at a local MX track reserved for a friend's birthday. I was 10 or so laps into a great practice session when I relized that it was time for this old fat guy to quit. I was hitting all the jumps in fine fassion but with arm pump and my tounge hanging out I said to myself....one more lap. Never do that! I looped the bike out over a decent size double that I was hitting all day. Bike upside down I desided to bail. I landed standing, feet first into the face of the 2nd jump. I was wearing Pod knee braces, if not I would not be walking now. I heard them snap straight and great pain in my knees. I was still standing. I took a step and found that my right ankle was not in good shape. I had broken my tib in a lot of places and my fib in 2 places. The knee braces did their job but I bruised both knees and the bottoms of my feet so bad that I could not walk on crutches for a week.
      I am getting around a little better now and back to work. A little slow but slow is better than nothing. I can't kick the bikes yet so the buggy is getting a workout!

Thanks for understanding
Jerry/JFAB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:03:45 AM by jfabmotorsports.com »
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline Rd

Re: 1/2 Backflip not recomended!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »
Glad to see your walking and on the road to recovery. Thank god for knee braces.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 02:30:16 AM »
  :-o  (speechless)   Well...     
Praise the Lord \o/ and pass me some more meds...  At least we know your still with us!!   I rekon we better keep you on..
 "The List"  and ask you make a full recovery with no more complications... :-D
   Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:04:29 AM »
I had missed this post J-fab sorry  :| I can trully say I feal your pain. I broke my right ankle also. I went ridding for the first time sence I broke my ankle a week ago. I was going to take it easy but I wound up jumping this 50' step up about 20 times. Well after that I was feeling a littl cocky so I decided to hit this 65' table top. After rolling it a couple times I let her rip. Only over jumped it by 15'. Atleast the landing was up hill with a big hole in it  :-o the bike let out this horrific clack sound that I thought was my frame breaking. the only thing that happened was it hurt like hell and I jammed my big toe nail on my left foot and will be loosing it . Come to find out if you don't ride for 30 weeks your timing may be off a little.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:06:04 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!