Author Topic: which crank?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline mlstoner660

which crank?
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »
Well I just got the quote for my rebuild it came out to $2096 for everything including a new crank. They were saying that they would recommend changing the crank because it showed signs of wear and had a some play in it. They said I could keep running it but since I'm already into it this far might as well do the job right and replace it. The price they gave me for the crank is $469.99 for an oem one. So my question is there a better or performance oriented crank I could go with for around the same price or is the oem one the way to go?
minor set backs bring major come backs

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

Re: which crank?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
you could send it to crankworks and for around that amount get it trued welded and balanced at a higher factor than oem.jmo.

Offline mlstoner660

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
Well going to rebuild my crank and going to get it trued welded and balanced. The only rods I've found available for the 500 are the oem one and the hot rod one. Is the hot rod one better than the oem?
minor set backs bring major come backs

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »
get a oem rod, bearing and send it to crankworks.

Offline greencannon

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
I bought a factory crank assembly brand new and sent it  right to the machine shop to have it
trued and welded. They didnt charge me much at all, and it turned out to be the best engine mod i ever did.