Author Topic: Site window Piston  (Read 5334 times)

Offline martinfan30

• 2000 KX500
Re: Site window Piston
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
Nice! looks alot like how mine will turn out when done. Black plastics, but my frame is p. coated grey and silver hammertone.

If you can, get a 07 KX250f front fender, looks bad ass...

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8122.0;attach=9026;image
2000 KX500
2005 XR650L

Neither are stock, and both are great desert bikes.

Offline mwalker04

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
Nice and it will bolt right up or does it need modified? These are my old fenders I just hit them with black Fusion paint until I'm able to order the new plastics. The paint actually holds up suprisingly well and was a quick fix for this weekend's dune trip. Gotta get my 10 cup on tonight and get the kx250 ready.

Offline martinfan30

• 2000 KX500
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »
Nice and it will bolt right up or does it need modified? These are my old fenders I just hit them with black Fusion paint until I'm able to order the new plastics. The paint actually holds up suprisingly well and was a quick fix for this weekend's dune trip. Gotta get my 10 cup on tonight and get the kx250 ready.

It bolts right up, no mod needed. I was curious about the plastic paint, looks good!
2000 KX500
2005 XR650L

Neither are stock, and both are great desert bikes.

Offline mwalker04

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 11:58:33 AM »
It holds up well enough to work for the weekend. It DOES however take 7 days to FULLY cure.
It becomes increasingly more scratch resistant as it becomes bonded. It will work until I can order the new plastics and thanks for the info on the front fender, I've been wondering about that for awhile.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »
Kaw rider,
             If I work out the size shape and location, would you be able to do a windowed piston for the early barreled motors? I dont think the above piston would work too well as the early type has a bridge in the middle of the inlet port which extends down the middle and stops short of meeting the barrel at the bottom of the port.Not only would this possibly cause problems due to hangin up on the 'nub', but it would obstruct gas flow thru the window, reducing effectiveness. Was thinking 2 vertical rectangle shapes either side of the bridge nub. Your thoughts appreciated.K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »
kwak
that will not be a problem.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »
Right.I'll have a measure up then.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....