Author Topic: Resurrection Complete!  (Read 2939 times)

Twist-a-grip

Resurrection Complete!
« on: April 06, 2004, 03:27:04 PM »
I just wanted to show off my baby now that she is done.  She don't look 13 years old anymore. :shock:   I also wanted to thank everyone here for all the info, advice and hard work.  Seeing what others have done,(what works well and what doesn't) really helped me through the project.

Specs:
Engine:Stock w/14 oz. Stealy flywheel weight
Fuel System: Clarke 3.9 tank,stock carb, 50/50 premium/race fuel 40:1 Yamalube 2-R
Induction:Boysen Power Reeds,Uni Air Filter
Exhaust:FMF Fatty/Turbine Core Spark Arrestor
Suspension:Race Tech front and rear
Controls:Stock w/Pro Taper bars and mounts(KX-HI)
Drive:Renthal Sprockets 14/49(yes that's an aluminum rear but it was new and free!)RK x-ring chain.
Misc:Factory Effex Graphics/seat cover,909 Ergo Grips

That all I can afford for this season.  Should be good for Rocky Mountain trail riding!
Thanks Again,
John

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Resurrection Complete!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 05:13:35 PM »
Looking good, now get out there and scratch it up with some Rocky Mountain singletrack ;)

mikesmith

Resurrection Complete!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 06:48:42 PM »
It doesnt look 13 years old,nice!

Offline beastrider500

Resurrection Complete!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 03:08:14 AM »
SWEEEEEEET!!!
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'   Homer Simpson

Sharc

Resurrection Complete!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 04:07:21 AM »
Ya...!! Nice work. Now get it dirty...!!!!

Twist-a-grip

Resurrection Complete!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 01:36:11 PM »
Thanks Guys!  I took it for a quick ride today.  Wow!  The power is very strong and progressive.  No vicious hit.  I think I am a little rich down low because she blubbers a little on the bottom and idle screw is all the way in.  Current pilot is a 55, think I'll try a 50. Clip is at top on stock needle. 155 main.
Didn't really get into it to check the main, but seems to respond well above 1/2 throttle.
47 degrees 6000'.  Most of my riding will be above 8000' so i will definitely have to clean the bottom up.
The gearing is going to be pretty close.  The flywheel weight ties it all together.  I think I have a hybrid! 2/4 stroke. :shock: